NINETEEN.

p a r t   t w o

CHAPTER NINETEEN.
-
ii. missing !

June 1, 1995

June 1, 1995

━━CHARLES came down the grand staircase of the Kate manor. The eyes of all three remaining kate’s welled with tears as they watched him wave his wand with his luggage in tow.

“Alright that seems to be the lot of it.” Charles turned to his sister with tears in his own eyes, the child no younger than a year below him, one of his best friends, and he wouldn’t even see her graduate. “Water Lili, I-” he closed his eyes shut tight as he saw his sister’s hair become a midnight blue in shade, “I want you to stay out of trouble, but not too much, i still want to hear complaints all the way in Romania from Minne that my baby sister is getting into trouble with her lot again.” Lili choked out a watery laugh as she couldn't force out a simple nod before catapulting herself into hugging her brother.

“Don't leave. Not now, please, just one more year until I graduate, then I can go with you, ‘Arles.” she sobbed onto his shoulder. Charles stayed quiet not daring to hear his voice crack if spoken too loudly. “Lili, i want you to write to me alright love, add a few paintings of yours so i can see how your doing.” he held her at arm's length while he watched her nodd quickly, then rubbed her eyes. His seventeen year old kid sister was sobbing and it broke him that this time he couldn't fix it, because he was the cause.

Then facing his parents he let out a sigh before he was bombarded with his mother’s arms, “Charles Malcom Kate, st- stay in contact alright baby? Please.” he nodded then wrapped his arms around her again just holding her there and cherishing the moments with her before he left.

The eighteen year old’s attention was caught when his father’s wedding ring glistened in the dawn as he wiped his fresh tears as well, charles solemnly smiled as he released his mother begrudgingly, and went over to his father, holding onto him with a firm grip he held their spot for a while as well. “Dad, I-” Nathaniel shook his head and brought and handed up to the back of his son’s head and held him close, “I love you, charlie” Charles wiped the remaining tears as more came with the sound of his father’s voice.

“I love you too.” with that the eldest child of the Kate family kissed his mother and sister on the cheek then took out his wand. A popping sound was heard before the boy and his belongings vanished from London all together.

Three weeks later Charles Kate was reported missing.