ONE.

CHAPTER ONE.
-
i. train rides !

September 1, 1994

September 1, 1994

━━LILIANA Kate loaded the last of her paints into her trunk as Hercules-- her barn owl, came to a screeching halt, holding her last paintbrush in his beak.

Taking it from the feathered animal, she sat on the trunk-- which seemed to be consumed in paint splatters as well as scratches and scuffs-- trying to get the top to meet the bottom, and latching it shut with the two locks on either side of the trunk.

Then luring Hercules into his own black wire rounded cage, she quickly shut the hatch and shoved a small treat of breakfast toast between the wire posts to keep him happy and away from her fingers.

Finally, trudging towards the three short steps that lead down to the living room and ultimately the front door, she shoved the substantial trunk down the flight of stairs just to get a huff back from her brother as he dodged out of the way of the oncoming trunk.

Charles, or Charlie was an oncoming seventh year Ravenclaw, bottom of his classes, with wild curls throughout the dirty blonde hair much in similarity to his younger sister's, with outrageously beautiful dark chocolate eyes-- a smirk and sharp jawline, just enough to make most of the population of upper and younger classmen swoon.

Liliana herself was a quaint young teenager, with vibrant honey eyes, a range of colors in her hair depending on her mood-- but mainly a strawberry blonde shade, as well as waves in her hair reminding most of a flowing river with a tanned complexion-- much in contrast to her brother's, and a constellation of freckles adorned her face and shoulders, giving off a Sunday morning sun kissed aura.

Her short stature leads many to think of her in younger years, but alas the teenager will be joining her fellow sixth years in classes this year.

Charles glared at his sister before playfully shoving her head away and walking back into the kitchen, his wand raised. Liliana looked back at her brother wondering what his use for his wand would be until her question was answered by the floating trunk hitting her square in the forehead.

___

━━TACKLED by a bush of curly dark hair, Liliana was thrown to the floor of Platform 9¾. "Four letters! Four bloody letters was all i got! I ought to drop kick you into the black lake!" Liliana's hair atop her head turned to a neon orange to match the nerves flowing through her at the yell of Aspen Diggory.

"Oi you reckon we miss counted? Seems there is another Weasley among us eh?" Soon following the two voices were two boys-- identical in looks and humor. "Ha. ha. You lot are so funny~"

Aspen Diggory looked between the three of them before looking dead on and grabbing Lili and the twins by their elbows, dragging them onto the steam train.

On the way towards the entrance of the train Lili spotted the first friend she had ever made at Hogwarts and released herself from the Diggory to sprint towards the boy.

- - -
A young Liliana Kate stood at the entrance of the great hall. A newly introduced Professor McGonagall drowning on about all assortments of things to be found in the up and coming year.

Her words were put through deaf ears as an eleven year old, soon to be twelve, practically jumped in place thinking of all the stories told to her from her older brother, a second year.

"Ma'am! I was talking to you!"
The Metamorphmagus swiped her head to the side to see a boy around her age. Dark skin and bright playful eyes peering at the girl.

"Ma'am? What a silly thing to say." The boy just stared at her after her words, "what do you mean? That's what my mama told me to call a young lady."

Lili giggled at him, "well, call me Lili!" Were her next words followed by a large grin and a handshake. "You are. . .?"

"I'm Jordan. Er I mean Lee Jordan."
-

- -

T

ackling Lee Jordan into a bear hug she was caught in his arms as he stumbled backwards. Liliana nodded towards his parents acknowledging them with a smile as well before grabbing Lee's arm and sprinting over to catch up with her other three friends.

"Bloody hell woman, you're going to rip off my arm" Lee's words only made her laugh and release his arm as they continued running to their friends, now entering the train.

Before fully onto the train, Lili had thought she had gotten away. Until she heard the distant call-- "BYE LILI! Nathan go run to her. LILI WAIT! Nathaniel Kate get your bum over there and give your daughter her bird. BYE LILI WE LOVE YOU! STAY SAFE! WE LOVE YOU! DAD IS COMING OVER THERE WITH THAT BIRD OF YOURS! BYEEE HONEY!"

Nathaniel Kate came over wide and embarrassed eyes as his wife started to yell at her son, knowing full well what the effect for her children would be as she smiled. Handing Hercules to his daughter from the window of a compartment, she smiled and kissed his forehead, "bye dad," she laughed once more, "tell mom i'll write." she said looking across the platform at her mother who was currently trying and succeeding to embarrass her son and his never-ending ego.

"Eh maybe it will take a few notches out of that ego of his." she chuckled to her father as he smiled and kissed her cheek "goodbye my lovely, i expect to see you for christmas young lady-- no bailing on family."

"Love you" she smiled once more at him, closing the compartment window before he had a chance to respond.

"You know, one of these days he's going to catch that window before you close it on 'im" the dark skinned beauty claimed to the group. Lili just shrugged and nodded, "probably"

"So how was everyone's summer?"

Fred and George looked at each other before going into a full depth explanation for what happened during the quidditch world cup, "--and then this smoke was in the sky," then Fred leaned in so as to make sure they were listening, "it-it was his mark."

A cold rush of sweat swept through Lee and Liliana, Aspen having already been three with her father and brother, as they all looked at each other, Fred spoke again,"this year is going to be different than most, that's for sure. The old man said something is being planned for Hogwarts this year. Something that hasn't happened in a long time. -wouldn't say what though."

Fred and Aspen went into their own conversation a little while later- more like an argument like most of their discussions are- about something to do with the quidditch bets Fred and George placed.

Lee had gotten up to seek out the trolly lady as well as change into his Gryffindor fit before it got crowded.

Meanwhile Lili and George were coming to a conversation about the secret the ministry seems to be planning for their school. "-reckon it's got something to do with how many times we've changed DADA teachers? I mean it's got to be illegal how many times-" liliana stopped listening to the twin as he stopped talking and paused, looking at her. Breaking into a smile and giving out a small laugh-- liliana stopped dead in her thoughts about the school when he did that-- his heart doing a small flip and making her blush and look down. Before she looked back up-- pink fading from her hair thankfully, and shook her head, dismissing it as just nerves. Ignoring the small part of her outrageous mind that thought that little move he did was cute.

Well that's new. . .