THIRTEEN.

CHAPTER THIRTEEN.
-
i. moody professor moody !

━━ENTERING the Owlery Charles and Liliana Kate walked around looking for Hercules, Lili's owl from her third year

Hercules was a lovely barn owl, with a seemingly large and egoistic personality for a bird. The owl was perched on a small notch in the Owlery, furrowing away from the cold. "Merlin Hercules, it's not like you can't come back to the common room with me! Bloody bird, freezing itself because it got frightened by one cat!" Hercules screeched back at his mother before swooping down, landing on Charles' shoulder, "your son likes me more." Lili rolled her eyes and groaned at her brother's comment, "so it seems" she glared at the bird, "trader."

It was Charles' turn to roll his eyes, "oh get on with it!" Hercules was scared off his shoulder as her gracefully landed on Lili's outstretched arm. Giving her brother a smug look while stroking her pet's feathers. "Lili. . ." her brother reminded.

"I know, I know Charles!" She glared at the boy before giving her bird a rolled up parchment, settling it into the birds talons, "home." Liliana told her boy before lifting her arm out the opening of the Owlery, watching as Hercules launched into the snowy sky, towards the siblings' parents to send off the usual monthly letter.

___

━━SAT at, near, and on the chairs under desks at the library the Golden trio tried their best to ignore the sixth years as they noisily looked through books and bounced jokes off each other. "Come. Seek. Us. Where. Our voices sound." Harry Potter nodded off the words like he had done again only moments earlier. "The black lake!" Lili shot out from a nearby shelf laughing at a joke Lee had made, "that's obvious." Hermione shot her down, shoving a book into Ronald's snoring frame. Harry continued, seeming done with the whole thing, "an hour long you'll have to look," Hermione sighed, also very tired, "again obvious, though potentially problematic," Harry lifted his head to give his friend an incredulous yet tired look, "potentially problematic?! When's the last time you held your breath underwater for an hour, Hermione?! With the small outburst Harry gradually placed his head back onto the Underwater Mysteries book.

"Look, harry we- we can do this! the . . .she looked to the five sixth years who were supposed to be helping, "the three of us can figure it out." she came down to the boy's line of vision, giving him a reassuring smile as she doubtfully looked at Ron snoring in the back.

"Hate to break up the school lesson," Professor McGonagall would like to see you in her office." Potter went to get up, happy to get a distraction though the task was the next morning. "Not you Potter. Just Weasley and Granger." Hermione looked appalled. "But sir," he looked up at her growling almost, "the second task is only hours away, and---"

"Exactly. Presumably Potter is well prepared now and probably would do good with a good. Nights. Sleep." the DADA professor looked at the stern faced girl with a challenging look, "go, NOW." with that Ronald scrambled from his seat, following a steaming Hermione out the library and to the Transfiguration classroom.