FOUR.

CHAPTER FOUR.
-
i. champions !

 champions !

━━"SIT down. Please."

The Great hall was bustling with children from every house in every year, readying themselves for the names to be pulled from the goblet.

Liliana was glancing around the room more nervous than she let on. There was every doubt in her mind about putting that stupid piece of paper into the glowing flames. "Lili flower, don't tell us you're having second thoughts now, the name is already in the death cup."

Lili shook her head towards the twins, grumbling under her breath until it caught in her throat by the sudden warmth on her hand.

Under the table George Weasley placed a comforting hand on the girl's own hand, facing forward as if to act like the small action had not erupted the massive net of butterflies in him to escape.

___

━━"NOW the moment, you've all been waiting for! The champion selection!

The old wizard rose his hand quickly taking the light from the burning embers in their pallets. Leaving the only source of light to the glowing goblet on the front stage.

Bringing the outstretched hand to the goblet, Dumbledore allowed himself to touch the goblet.

"Sure looks like he's having a moment with the thing." Aspen shushed Lee bringing their attention back to the goblet and the headmaster.

Once stepped back, the headmaster brought his hand down slowly-- the blue embers turning a vibrant almost unreal red to the forefront of the goblet.

As quickly as the fire turned, it went back to its abnormal blue as it shot out a piece of parchment for the man.

"The Durmstrang Champion is, Viktor Krum"

All breath was either caught or realized as there were only two more to go. Loud, deep cheers were heard from the young men's school associates as Viktor held a fist up in celebration.

Standing, and walking towards the Hogwarts headmaster he shook his hand giving a deep 'thank you' and being pointed into the trophy room until later.

The flames turned the vibrant red again, sparking then letting a frilly piece out from its grasp.

"The champion for Beauxbatons, is, Fleur Delacour"

Squeaky and high squeals were heard from the girls of the school, only having the cheers of some girls and boys from the other schools.

Fleur tried to hide her smile as she stood up, her preppy dress flowing with her and her straight blond hair bundled in a ribbon behind her head, as she stood to accept her parchment and be led to the room with victor.

Everyone held their breath at the sign of the last champion.

Lili felt faint, hoping to everything that was in the sky that her name wasn't scrawled onto the final paper, or frankly and albeit, selfishly, hoped the same for her friends.

Holding her and George's hand to her face in a fist, she was sure to become unconscious as the fire turned for one last name to be shot out, floating down into the headmaster's grasp.

"The Hogwarts champion, Cedric Diggory!" applause shot from everyone as the young man was pushed to the headmaster of his school.

Now it was Aspen's turn to feel faint. She swallowed her dread and nausea, standing and cheering for her brother and the representation for her house.

___

━━"EXCELLENT! We now have our three champions! But in the end, only one will go down in history.

Only one will hoist this challis of champions, this vessel of victory, the Triwizard Cup!" the drapes were pulled from the cup Barty Crouch was carrying, revealing a magnificent shimmering goblet, engravings labeling it as the triwizard official cup.

The applause died drastically when Professor Severus Snape stepped forward, staring at the goblet with his dark gloomy eyes and a confused sneer.

The goblet was spastically throwing lightning blue flames from itself as in turned red, once more.

Dumbledore sped towards the cup, shying away when it burst into red flames, throwing a parchment piece up into the air destructively coming down and into the confused yet magnificently exasperated headmaster's hand.

"Harry Potter."

"Harry potter?"

The gryffindor slowly crouched down to his seat before seemingly being pushed forward by his own angry and hurt friends, as well as a level-headed Hermione Granger.

"HARRY POTTER!"

Glares were shot at the fourth year, making him cower as he walked towards the headmaster apprehensively.

Wordlessly the headmaster shoved the paper into his hand and slowly pointed towards the trophy room.

"He's a cheat!"

"Not even seventeen!"

___

"MISTER Potter has no choice. He is, as of tonight, a Triwizard Champion. . ."

___