TWENTY THREE.

CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE
-
ii. mariena davids !

 mariena davids !

July 14, 1967

      ━━"JANE!" At the call of her nickname, Jane-Marie Davids glanced up briefly from her sheet music only to see her younger sister thunder down the stairs in a rush.

      "What is it Mare?" Mariena gave her sister a frightful look, ignoring the use of her nickname, "Jane! Jane!" The thirteen year old rolled her eyes at her kid sister, "Yes, Mariena? What do you need?" Jane picked up the ten year old and placed the child on her lap while sitting on the kitchen table instead of the chair she was previously sitting in.

      "Jane! you can't tell Henry you fancy him when you go back to Hogwarts!" Jane's face reddened drastically, "Oh hush, Mariena, you have not a clue what you are saying!" Jane brushed the curls out of her sister's face "No! Really you have to believe me!" a smile grew on Mariena's face, "that second year you spoke of! The one you give piano lessons to, he fancies you! And I just know you're going to fancy him too!"

      Jane made a face at the girl, "Mare, have you gone mental? That's absurd, he's younger than me!" she straightened her posture, "He's- he's too young for me." she shook her head with his green eyes.

Mare gave what her ten year old features could muster into a flat stare, "Jane, I saw it. In a vision!"

Once again Jane rolled her eyes, "Oh, Mariena, you should stop talking about your silly fantasies! You know mother and father don't like you speaking of all this nonsense."

      "But it's not nonsense! You have to believe me! Remember when I said I saw the Darcy's cat run off after Mr. Darcy came to watch us? Well? Look now! Mittens was missing a day later!" she gave her eldest sister a pleading look, only to be met with,

      "Come off it Mariena! You're filling your head with insanity! These things are just silly coincidences!" she softened, "Mare, Love, I don't want mother and father getting angered, now go wash up for bed and I'll read you a song once you get done.

Mare looked teary eyed but nodded non the less and sought off to find her nightgown.

      Jane looked back at the sheet music she was writing, then to her jewelry box which had been filled to the brim in savings for at least a rickety old piano. Jane sighed and got up to help her sister dress for the night.

___

April 3, 1970

      ━━MARIENA glanced over at the quill she had just touched. The recently turned thirteen year old's eyes faded from the milky white to her usual hazel irises. She shuddered and rolled her eyes at the stationary, "I'm not insane. There are no visions. It's only in your head." Mare shook it off and picked up a different quill to continue her letter.

      A day later the quill was being picked up by her father to sign for an important role in the uprising war. One that was opposing to the side her eldest sister and her friends had chosen. One that was opposite to the Order of the Phoenix.

      After her mother and father had used the quill and left the study, Mariena grasped the same item, writing a letter to the only two who would now believe her and her abilities. She picked up a piece of parchment and wrote down two names, giving a knowing and proud smirk as she wrote down the new surname of the two. The Composer and the Pianist.

Jane-Marie and Nathaniel Kate,

I hope this letter finds you in good health, for I have urgent news for you and your friends.

___

August 27, 1973

      ━━A SIXTEEN year old Mariena sat, struggling to fill the massive chair she sat on. Her parent's dining room table was filled chair by chair with menacing faces and sneers. Mare scratched the dark tattoo that riddled her right forearm when the sneers were turned to her.

      The words rung out through her head the very same way they did when she sat in his chair for supper the other day, "It seems as though we have a traitor in our midst. Doesn't it, Mariena."

___

October 2, 1977

      ━━MARIENA and her gifts were shunned. Hidden. Because as blunt as it may seem, people fear the unknown and as a cover they snuff it out with the front of anger and prejudice.

      Mariena Davids was but a hidden memory to most. Her fellow Ravenclaw, her parents. Though there was one person who would never forget. Never relinquish her hold on her little sister who was stolen from her.

      Jane-Marie Kate was left in shambles when the news of her sister's murder rang throughout The Order on that August night in 1973.

      four years later the twenty three year old was staring at what looked to be an exact copy of herself with one defining factor that tore down everything she had worked so hard to build back up after her sister's passing.

Her eyes. For, just like Mariena Davids, Liliana May Kate had pure white irises when she was born.

      Second child and first daughter to Jane and Nathaniel, Liliana was cursed to spend her days trapped with the marked ability to predict the future through visions.

      Part Metamorphmagus, her curse was delayed until that one night on the final task. Cedric Diggory's passing had caused such grief and emotion to course through the child, and thus, chain reaction began.

Liliana had only just scratched the surface of what she was truly capable of.

___

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Just a short history chapter, it gives a little outlook on how you can imagine Jane and Nathaniel reacting to Lili's recent abilities. I'm going to try and get chapter twenty four out soon but we'll see :) 

How did you all like the chapter? Jane and Nathaniel are so sweet together :,)