EIGHTEEN.

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN.
-
i. remember cedric diggory !

━━ASPEN sat cuddled into Liliana as she sought the comfort from her best friend, her sister in a way

━━ASPEN sat cuddled into Liliana as she sought the comfort from her best friend, her sister in a way. Lili willingly placed her arms around her as they sat in the great hall. Aspen's dark doe eyes weren't as red and they have been, but the puffiness was still visible, making Lili hold the girl tighter. "It's okay, not right now, but it will be. Cedric is always with us, he's here, I promise. He's away from whatever nightmare this is." Aspen nodded vigorously in agreement to her friend's words but also to stop the tears from forming down her cheeks once more.

The two Hufflepuff girls sat at the gryffindor table, in the comfort of their best friends. Aspen lay one hand on Lili's arm that was wound around her lower neck loosely, the other held tightly in Fred's who was rubbing his thumb soothingly on the back of her hand. Silent tears beginning to flood down her dark skinned face and onto her lap, her eyes closing as to shut out the images from two nights before.

___

━━"TODAY, we acknowledge...

...a really terrible loss. Cedric Diggory was, as you all know, exceptionally hard working, infinitely fair-minded, and most importantly, a fierce, fierce friend, brother, son."

"Now, i think, therefore, you have the right to know exactly how he died."

"You see... Cedric Diggory was murdered... by Lord Voldemort." Liliana felt Aspen's chest tighten, she couldn't blame her, her's did as well. She knew partially, that what was being said was true, she had seen it.

"The Ministry of Magic does not wish to tell you this. But not to do so, i think, would be an insult to his memory." aspen, though she hadn't been there, nodded slightly in agreement to her professor, believing the words of her best friend, harry, as well as her headmaster, over the word's of the men and women who wish to keep his death on the down low, away, act as if he was never there in the first place. Insulting.

"Now, the pain... we all feel at this dreadful loss reminds me...

... and reminds us...

... that while we may come from different places and speak in different tongues...

Our hearts beat as one."

"In light of recent events... the bonds of friendship we've made this year will be more important than ever."

"Remember that, and Cedric Diggory will not have died in vain. You remember that and we'll celebrate a boy who was...

... kind and honest, and brave and true, right to the very end.  "Remember Cedric. Remember, if the time should come when you have to make a choice between what is right, and what is easy, remember what happened to a boy who was good, and kind, and brave, because he strayed across the path of Lord Voldemort. Remember Cedric Diggory.

___

━━CHARLES Kate stood back from his sister, having not let her out of his sight unless she was with someone he trusted, after her vision.

Lili held on tight to Aspen as they were on the platform, "it's all going to work out. I'll come see you soon. Love you to the moon and back"

Aspen chuckled a very teary eyed and water chuckle, nodding her curls bouncing with her, "okay, promise?" she held out her pinky, after wiping her tear on her sweater, more tears coming after, Lili smiled through her watery eyes as well, "promise." she wrapped her pinky around Aspen's.

The Diggory's eyes seemed to be in a permanent glossy state; tears that stuck like dried cement.

Aspen whispered as she brought her best friend in for another comforting hug, "to the moon and back, always."

___

END OF PART ONE.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Lili's vision's are almost that of Liliana can see the possible future, yes, but doesn't know when they are to happen. These visions can be changed- it is not a course set in stone, but in this case it was, as it was the first time it had happened and only minutes before it had become reality. She only sees the parts she needs to see, unable to see more than what her mind lets her. She can feel the emotional pull to the visions as well, sort as if she were an Empath. Lili is not a metamorphmagus like they thought, the color of her eyes and hair based on her emotions is like that of a metamorphmagus but she is not able to change her full appearance as such. We will learn more about this throughout part two. 

___

PART ONE
FIN.

𝒔𝒊𝒏𝒄𝒆𝒓𝒆𝒍𝒚, -𝐚.