NINE.

CHAPTER NINE.
-
i. the one with oliver wood !

━━GEORGE Weasley fled to the gryffindor dormitories, two dainty lavender sprigs in hand

Planning on easing into the idea of asking his best friend to the yule ball, George was gathering small things to help ease the blow to the girl, as if the gifts will render her unable to reject the poor boy.

Reaching his dorm, George practically flew to his bed, reaching for something underneath it to fill with water and place the flowers in whilst he built the courage to ask Liliana.

Once he found a small enough glass, he placed the plant within it along with some sink water, taking deep breaths and placing the drinking glass onto his nightstand.

the flowers stayed there for three days after, the day is now December 21, 1993.

"Oi Georgie, not that i'm one to judge the room decor, but is there a reason you have purple flowers? Or is it just a personal preference-- i mean they are nice to loo-"

"They were for Lili."

"Were?"

"Are. they are for Liliana, that is if i could actually give them to her. Bloody hell, okay-- okay im going to go ask her."

With that, George Weasley finally picked up the only slightly wilted sprig, and turned to find his (hopefully) yule ball date.

Fred just stared at where his brother was a minute ago, realizing that his brother had outed his crush to him as well as not told him about the darn thing in the first place, "well-- that was eye opening. . ." the twin crossed his arms shuffling his feet, "and i didn't even get to give a pep talk. What am i doing then?"

___

━━LILIANA had been ranting, practically yelling in the library, her whispers coming out more and more strained quietly as she went. Hermione, Ginny, and Aspen sat around the table with the sixth year ranting about their own dates to the ball-- or lack thereof.

"--Mione's got a famous quidditch player as well as a champion, whom might I add Mione- is closer to my age than any- but that's beside the point. For now." Liliana stressed, hair gracefully fading into a blinding white shade.

Ginny had begun reprimanding her friend once more for the excuses she had made for not telling the Weasley girl, that she in fact had a fat crush on her brother. "I mean it makes total sense, I can't believe I was too daft to see it before! Why didn't you tell me? Why don't people tell me things? And i cant believe the git hasn't asked you yet! I mean i'm pretty sure he's head over heels for you- you know, i ought to curse the bloody boy for-"

"Ginny, there seems to be someone here to talk to you" Ginny's gaze shot forward, seeing Neville Longbottom standing a few feet away, nervously waving at the girl. "Will you- um uh-- excuse me for just one moment" with that she grinned at the girls before turning and practically sprinting to the fourth year.

"Oh my gosh i'm going to go alone!" Lili dropped her head to her hands shaking her smushed face, "alone~" aspen and Hermione tried their best to comfort the girl, "--Ced, look we really--" Lili's head slowly lifted from the table looking to where a conversation was in mid-sentence. "You know. I think I give. I'll just go with a friend. Not a romantic night, I mean really who wants a boyfriend?" Lili grimaced at her own words before rolling her eyes and making her way over to the three seventh year boys who were sat by the grass atop one of the many hills on the grounds.

Oliver Wood was the first one to notice the girl's presence in front of them, squinting, "evening, Lili" the rest of the boys turned their heads up to meet the girl, Cedric laughed at his younger sister behind Lili who looked confused as ever, "Lili." Cedric and Oliver acknowledged her as did the other boys, then going back to their work.

Lili smiled at the two before facing the gryffindor quidditch captain, "hey Ollie, i have a question." Oliver laughed at the childhood nickname, "hmm- well shoot" the girl shrugged before sighing, "do you want to go to the ball with me?" Oliver's eyebrows shot practically off his forehead, "as friends, Ollie" he laughed again before shrugging and getting up nodding to his friends and packing up his rucksack, "of course me lady, as friends only." she grinned widely, "perfect thank you, you're a lifesaver Ollie!"

He just shrugged as the childhood friend hugged him, then left back to her own group of friends, he turned back to his own getting ready to go back to his dormitory, "friends?" Oliver rolled his eyes, shaking his head and leaving at Zach's comment.

Neither noticing George Weasley slowly stuffing the small sprig of lavenders into his robe and turning, stunned at the interaction he had just witnessed, then heading back towards his brother and the gryffindor dormitory. "Of course."

___

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

im sorry? i guess i'm just a sucker for scottish accents.

but also like- Ollie is just being a good friend give him a tad bit of credit, love him. . .

and george.

sorry for the short chapter

___