33

After a few seconds, the line connected.

"Hello, I'm sorry, but who is this?" a sound of a woman could be heard from the other line.

"A-Auntie, this is Wonwoo," Wonwoo replied, glad that her aunt's number was still active.

"W-W-Wonw-woo?" the lady across the line stammered badly, lips shaking in disbelief as he heard the sound of her nephew, Jeon Wonwoo. Wonwoo could hear some almost inaudible gasps followed by her choking on her own tears. "W-Wonwoo," she said again, now crying.

"Auntie, calm down, please?" Wonwoo begged, almost in tears as well as he heard how mourning his aunt sounded.

"W-Wonwoo, I-I'm so sorry... my brother--" she got cut off by herself suddenly burst out crying.

"Auntie, it's okay," Wonwoo said, which was definitely not okay. But he had to move on.

Wonwoo waited for her aunt's answer. He kept hearing her sobbing loudly. "B-but--"

"It's okay, Auntie, I'm okay," he said, assuring.

Wonwoo's aunt then told him how she saw the news a few days ago. She was shocked beyond disbelief, that his only brother, although knowing how much he had been a jerk these past few years, would do something as filthy as killing his own wife, moreover, committing suicide. At the very least, she was glad that Wonwoo made it out alive as she really freaked out the moment she didn't find anything about him in the news. After managing to calm down for a while, she continued, "Are you doing fine now, Wonwoo?" It had been a while, a long while, since Wonwoo met her, but her kind tone was always like that. He never knew how his father could be so different with her. If anything, it seemed like his aunt was closer with Mrs. Jeon instead.

Wonwoo hummed in agreement. "My friend's taking care of me well and his family is very kind too, Auntie."

Sobbing once again, Wonwoo's aunt went on, "Are the parents with you now? I'd like to talk with them."

Wonwoo looked at Mingyu's mother who was next to Mingyu and mouthed that she wanted to speak with her. Wonwoo then gave his phone to Mrs. Kim and she proceeded to greet Wonwoo's aunt. Not intending to eavesdrop their conversation, even when it wasn't really inappropriate, Wonwoo asked Mingyu to accompany him packing his stuffs in his room. And so the two left Mingyu's mother talking with Wonwoo's aunt.

It had been two days since the news came out. Jihoon and Soonyoung already knew of the news and visited Mingyu's house yesterday, trying to see how their beloved friend was doing. Wonwoo looked good, but he had seen better days, definitely. He was still devastated, of course, but as he said, he had to move on. Being a strong bean he was, he earned big hugs from his three friends, telling everything would be okay. Of course the path ahead would be bumpy and difficult, but Soonyoung said the three of them would forever be on his side to support him; and Wonwoo couldn't wish for any better friend.

Just last evening, Mingyu's parents decided to go to nearby police station. Wonwoo needed his stuffs. And to enter the murder site, he had to be confirmed of his identity. So after it was confirmed that he was a part of the family, Wonwoo was allowed to go to the house with the police accompaniment. The house was still surrounded with police line. Faint blood scent still could be smelled throughout the living room. It was found out that his father strangled his mother to death in the living room, near the sofa, and ended his own life in the kitchen, slitting his own throat. The dead bodies had been taken by the authorities, and upon being asked what to do with the bodies, Wonwoo didn't know and just told them to do whatever they needed to do. Wonwoo wasn't even sure if holding a funeral would be a good thing since pretty much no one would be attending; his widowed aunt was the only relative he had left, a strong woman who had lived independently since the very early stage of her marriage. Her husband died in an accident just a few days after and she decided that he was the only one for her and lived on her own since then.