Chapter 16: Break Up

I wake up with my head pounding and my eyes are barely open because they're too puffy of the crying last night. I look around and don't recognize where I am, then I remembered that I'm at Rachel's house. I look to the clock next to the bed and it was 11am.

I feel like staying doing nothing the whole day. I know that lately I haven't been the most amazing fiancée but I would NEVER cheat. Lately I've been thinking more about Rachel than my futurw marriage but I would never sleep with someone else and knock her up.

I get off the bed and look to myself on the mirror and see the mess that I look. I grabbed my phone and saw texts from Quinn. The first ones were her asking where I was. But the last ones she was already apologizing, I guess Puck told her that I know from her cheating. There are 15 missed calls from her.

I go downstairs and Rachel wasn't there but I see a note on the refrigerator and I can recognize her writting.

Hope you're feeling a little better. Kurt brought some clothes just in case, I hope you don't mind that I told him what happened.
Make yourself home, there's food in the refrigerator and in the cabinets.
- Rach

The note made me small smile. She cares about me, at least someone does. Then I heard her laugh and I look around but she wasn't here, I look trough the window and see her sitting on the house's porche laughing talking with an old lady and I half smiled watching her.

Then I sighed remembering that my life is a complete mess now. I will break up with Quinn, probably today. I have to. I know that I won't be able to look at her and know that she cheated and has a baby growing inside her but the baby is someone else's baby.

I grabbed the bags with my clothes and took a shower and get dressed. When I went back downstairs I saw Rachel laughing about something on the TV but she immediately turned it off when she saw me.

"Hey, how are you?" She asked sympathetic.

"Terrible." I said honestly.

"Wanna talk about it?" She asked and I sit next to her on the couch.

"There isn't much to talk about. I'm going to call off the engagement, I don't wanna look at her face right now or Puck's. I'm heartbroken. We're together for 6 years! How could someone do that?!" I said feeling the tears come again and Rachel rubbed my back.

"I wish there was something I could do." She said and I sighed.

"I know that, but there isn't." I said and she sadly sighed. "When you're leaving?"

"In a week or so." Rachel said.

"Already?" I asked surprised.

"Yeah, I've been here for almost a month already. People just didn't wanted anything to do with me." She said shrugging.

"We were suck friends with you." I said.

"Nah, I deserved it." She said and I looked at her. She changed a lot, not only her looks, but something changed her. She looks somehow lost, she lost the sparkle she had in her eye.

"You didn't." I said. "You're a great friend, you just proved me that last night." That made her smile really big to me.

"Thank you." She said smiling.

"I have to go now, I have a engagement to break up. But thank you, Rachel, for everything." I said and she nodded and I hugged her. "I'm really thankful."

"And I'm really sorry." She said.

"I guess I'll se ya around before you go back to Los Angeles." I said and she nodded.

"You know where to find me." She said and I left leaving Rachel behind.

It's like I've said a time ago, being with Quinn was easy. And I'm scared now. Because there's no more Quinn anymore and I have to restart. I can't believe Quinn cheated on me, that's the worst way to finish a relationship.

I recognize that I haven't being the best person ever cause I'm constantly thinking about Rachel when I should be thinking about my fiancée, soon to be ex-fiancée.

I'm feeling awful. Not just because I was cheated on, I'm feeling awful because in the minute I heard Puckerman saying that, besides angry, I also felt...Relieved. And the first thing that popped into my mind was: now I can be with Rachel. And I despise myself for thinking like that. But I will never be with her, she was my High School sweetheart and in a week she'll go back to her life that I'd never fit in.

I park the car in front of my house and sighed. It's time. I get off the car and walk towards the house, I grabbed the keys in my pockets and opened the door. Due to the sound of the door unlocking, Quinn looked back and I can tell she has been crying. But I don't care.

"Finn...I'm so sorry. I-" She tried to explain but I cut her off.

"Quinn, I don't wanna hear it. There are no explanations for cheating and you're pregnant with someone else's baby." I said disgusted but my eyes got teary. I did love, Quinn. I really did. It wasn't epic like me and Rachel back in High School but I can't compare. We were teenagers, now we're adults and I really did love Quinn and I'm feeling like trash.

"Please Finn, we can make this work. We can get married. You can be this baby's daddy." Quinn begged crying and I shook my head.

"Keep the house and make me a favor, don't look at my face ever again." I said to her and I went upstairs furious and she came after me.

"Please Finn, don't leave." Quinn said sobbing and I ignored and grabbed my suitcase and started to put all my clothes, perfumes, shoes in there while Quinn keeps crying begging me to stay but I can't. "Please."

"I can't look at you without feeling the urge to puke. You're pregnant with my best friend's baby, Quinn." I said then I took both of my suitcases and when I get downstairs I take off the ring in my finger and put on the counter and left withou looking back.