Chapter 11: Glee Reunion

Like every other day since I got here in Lima, I wake up and take a shower, eat breakfast, take my antidepressant and make myself coffee and go to the proch outside.

Today is the Glee reunion that Mr.Schue told me about, I thought about going, but I just totally gave up after that terrible nightmare. Must be true all of that.

And I can't blame them.

It feels weird to know that I'm in the same town as all of them, but still feels so distant. Because they're always there and I'm always in the other side.

Seems that a few things never changed. High School was always like that.

I went back inside and grabbed the guitar and the notebook with the lyrics of the song I wrote that night on the bridge. I started to play and sing, it's been a while that I don't sing.

"That's a beautiful song, Rachel." Someone said and I lift my head and see Mrs.Gilbert and I smiled to her.

"Thank you, Mrs.Gilbert." I said smiling.

"You have a beautiful but I think you have been said that a lot." She said and I laughed. I invited her to sit next to me on the swing to we can talk better.

"Yeah...I've been told about that." I said laughing. "I'm a singer." She smiled.

"You sure have the gift." She said and I smiled.

"Thank you." I said to her.

"What inspired you to write this song?" She asked and I sighed sad.

"Long version or short version of the story?" I asked and she laughed.

"The long version." She said. And for some odd reason I told her everything, I trust Mrs.Gilbert and I barely know her. I told her about how I fought with my parents, how I stopped talkiny to my friends, the fame, the money, the pressure, the suicide attempt, the nightmare, the night on the bridge. Before I realized I was crying. "For someone that is only 26, you've been trough a lot." I chuckled and wiped my tears away.

"Yeah...And all the time I feel lonely, like no one in the world understands me. Because everyone hates me, my old friends, my family. I just don't see why to keep living if I will live this way." I said sadly.

"Honey, you're young, you're beautiful, you're talented, you shouldn't let this hard time end with your precious life. The past can hurt, but the way I see it you have two options here. Either you can run away or you learn from it." She said and I smiled.

"Thank you." I said smiling.

"I have to go, I hope you have a great day." Mrs.Gilbert said and I hugged her. I just felt the need to, I had to hug her.

"You too, Mrs.Gilbert." I said and she smiled and left jogging. She makes me feel good.

I sighed and went back inside, tomorrow is July 4th, used to be my favorite holiday. I remember the last time I spent the July 4th here in Lima. It was summer from Junior Year to Senior Year, I was with Finn back then. It's been such a long time.

I changed my clothes and decided to go to the mall, maybe I'll have lunch there and come back home. I get in the car and drive to the mall, I don't know exactly what I came to do here, but I came anyway.

I was looking into a store's front window when with the corner of my eye, I'm sure I saw two very familiar people. Kurt and Santana.

"Kurt has pity of you."

"Santana starts cursing you in Spanish when she listen to you in the radio."

Those sentences kept running in my mind thousands of times. So before they could see me I started to leave but I was late.