24.

A/N
Let's just imagine that the guy in the picture looks like Monty and the number on the card is 32, instead of 2.

[Abigail's POV]

I sat on my bed, doing some light makeup, as Jess and Sheri sat with me doing the same. Liberty tigers had a big game tonight and of course, as cheerleaders, we were getting ready. Watching Monty play football or baseball was one of my favourite things to do as he was genuinely so happy on the pitch.

I applied a last layer of mascara and looked in the mirror, checking my appearance one last time.
"Hey Abi, what's up?" Sheri asked and I looked at her, raising my brow.
"What do you mean?" I asked, confused.
"You seem off, what's up?" Sheri asked once again.
"It's stupid..." I sighed, thinking about why I was feeling off, "It's just...Monty hasn't asked me to homecoming yet."
"Oh." Jess said, glancing at Sheri and giving her a strange look.
"I'm sure he will soon." Sheri said, "I bet he's just making sure it's all perfect."
"Anyway let's lighten the mood!" I clapped, getting up off of my bed, "Let's go cheer!"

*Time Skip*

The whistle went off and the crowd burst into cheers. Liberty won and as always, I prepared to run onto the pitch to congratulate the boys, specifically Monty, but before I got a chance, the boys all ran off of the pitch and into the locker rooms. I looked at the girls, confusion spread across my face, and they all seemed to be whispering with each other.
"What's going on?" I whispered to Jess as they all began to walk over to the middle of the pitch.
I began to follow them but Jess turned around, stopping me.
"Stay here." She said and I obeyed, watching the girls walk off.

I could feel everyone in the crowd staring at me as I stood alone on the sidelines of the pitch. Suddenly, the football team all ran out of the changing rooms and a few of them were holding boards with writing on. They handed the boards to some of the cheerleaders and then the girls split up into two groups, getting into a pose. I stood, still completely confused, as I watched Jess and Sheri get picked up by three girls underneath them. Scanning my eyes around the pitch, I saw Monty run on with another card in his hands. He stood next to the cheerleaders and one by one they all held up their cards.

Slowly, I read the words on the first card that Jess was holding up, 'Will you go to' and a smile spread across my face. Sheri held up the second card and the word 'homecoming' was written across it in blue. Monty then held up his card and I quickly read the words 'With #32?' before my emotions went crazy. A huge smile was spread across my face and I was so excited that I almost forgot to answer the question.
"I would love to!" I shouted to Monty, over the screams and cheers of the crowd.
Once Monty heard my response, Zach ran up behind Monty with flowers and handed them to him. He dropped his card, grabbing the flowers and jogged over to me. He handed me the flowers and I wrapped my arms around his neck. He wrapped his arms around my waist and picked me up, spinning me around. The moment he placed me on the floor, I stood on my tiptoes and connected our lips for a short and sweet kiss.
"I love you!" I smiled as we pulled away.
"I love you more." He replies, grabbing my hand and interlocking our fingers together.

" He replies, grabbing my hand and interlocking our fingers together

Liked by montyy_cruz, cheerstojess and 1,189 others

abi_reed My boyfriend can be cute sometimes😊❤

Read all 114 comments

montyy_cruz I'm so happy you said yes🤞❤
abi_reed Imagine how awkward it would've been if I had said no in front of everyone😂❤montyy_cruz
montyy_cruz I would've probably just died of awkwardness🤦‍♂️😂abi_reed
itshannahbaker This was the cutest homecoming proposal ever😍
cheerstojess Loved being a part of this❤
heyy_sheri It was so difficult keeping this a secret😂
abi_reed It was too cute honestly😊itshannahbaker Love you both❤cheerstojess heyy_sheri
scott_reed I guess this was kind of cute🤷‍♂️
dempzee When Monty handed me the flowers, I thought he was finally confessing his love for me...Turned out he wanted me to keep hold of them so he could give them to you☹😂
abi_reed Oh shh you thought it was adorable scott_reed I AM DEAD, you are too much😂dempzee
tony.padilla I MISSED THIS! DAMMIT☹
courtney.crimsen Cute🌹
ryanshaverrr OMG GOALS! Also fuck off courtney.crimsen
abi_reed Wish you were there❤tony.padilla Love you❤ryanshaverrr