08.

[Abigail's POV]

I walked into school, the day after the game, and went straight to the lockers where the jocks stood. I walked through the crowds of people and as I was just a few metres away from the group, I noticed Monty's face. He had cuts all over and he had a severe black eye. I gasped as I got to the group and they all looked at me.
"What happened to you?" I inched closer to Monty and traced my finger over one of the cuts.
"Nothing, it's none of your business." He replied bluntly and I raised my brow, backing away from him.
I frowned slightly at his response. I thought we were friends and he cared enough to tell me but clearly not.
"God Montgomery there's no need to be in a mood with me, I asked what happened, that was it." I rolled my eyes.
He went to speak again but I turned to the girls, "Can we head to bio early, I need to hand in some work."
The girls nodded and the four of us headed to class, without me saying another word to Monty.

[Monty's POV]

The girls walked away and I whispered "fuck" under my breath. I didn't mean to come across like that but I couldn't tell her what really happened.
"Why did you speak to her like that?" Scott looked at me.
"I fucked up...I just couldn't tell her what really happened." I frowned.
"Bro she's going to find out about your home situation eventually. Just talk to her." Bryce patted my shoulder.
"You're right." I sighed, rubbing my temples, "I'm going to head off to try and find her."
I walked off down the corridor to find her.

*Time Skip*

I was unable to find her all day and at lunch, the girls weren't sat with us. I decided to spend lunch, sat alone on the bleachers on the football pitch. I sighed as I held my head in my hands.

Monty🖤
Where are you?
Read 12:12pm

Monty🖤
Please Abi, I need to speak to you
Read 12:14pm

Monty🖤
I know you are reading these
Read 12:15pm

Monty🖤
Look I'm on the football pitch, if
you want to know what happened come
down here and I'll tell you x
Read 12:16pm

I groaned as the words read appeared on the screen once again and I threw my phone violently across the grass in front of me. My head dropped into my hands and sadness overcame me. I had fucked up. I cared so much for Abi and all I did was treat her like shit.

[Abigail's POV]

I walked around the corner and noticed a figure sat on the benches with their head in their hands. Knowing who it was, I made my way over to them and noticed something on the floor a few metres in front of them. I picked it up and sat beside them.
"Be careful, you could've smashed it." I smiled and Monty looked up, smiling at the sound of my voice.
"Thanks." He half smiled, grabbing his phone.
"You know you can always talk to me." I said, reassuring him.
"I know it's just...I don't open up to many people." He sighed.
"I understand that. It's always difficult to do that." I nodded, "You don't have to tell me if you don't want to."
"No, I do want to." He said quickly.

We sat in silence for a few seconds before he spoke once again.
"I-I got in a fight with my dad last night." He said, emotion laced in his words, "It happens quite a lot but last night was pretty bad. I left my bag at the bottom of the stairs because I was really tired and just forgot to take it up. I went upstairs and my dad came in a few minutes after me..."
He paused and I looked into his brown eyes, noticing that they were glazed over with tears. Monty never cried and seeing him like this broke my heart.
"...He came into my room with a bat and just went crazy. I ended up staying over at Bryce's." He sighed.
"Monty." I looked at him, noticing the hurt that filled his eyes, "I'm so so sorry."
A single tear rolled down his cheek and I pulled him into a tight embrace. I felt his tears soak into my jacket and I ran my hand through his hair in a soothing manner.

After a few moments, he pulled away and wiped his face with the sleeve of his chequered shirt.
"Please don't tell anyone." He looked at the ground and I placed my hand on his knee.
"I won't don't worry, I promise." I smiled, causing him to smile slightly back.
"Do you want to skip last? We can go get Starbucks?" He suggested and I nodded.
"Sounds great." I replied and we both got up, heading to the carpark together.

" I replied and we both got up, heading to the carpark together

Liked by dempzee, abi_reed and 1,237 others

montyy_cruz I bought her Starbucks and she doesn't hate me anymore😊

Load all 126 comments

abi_reed I never hated you, you just annoyed me🙄Although if I get Starbucks every time I 'hate' you, I might do it more often❤
montyy_cruz Hmm I'll have to remember that next time😂❤abi_reed
scott_reed You are a terrible influence on her, she should be in Maths🤦‍♀️
dempzee Why don't you buy me Starbucks when you annoy me?😕
montyy_cruz She's top of the class so she already knows it all anyway🤷‍♀️scott_reed You aren't as nice as Abi is so that's why😂dempzee
brycemoney23 Aye bro did you get some?😏
monty_cruz Fuck off🙄brycemoney23
itsfoley🤔cheerstojess
cheerstojess OMG I THINK IT'S HAPPENING🤞itshannahbaker heyy_sheri
heyy_sheri ASDFGHJKL I CANNOTTTT😍
itshannahbaker Omggg❤

Girliess

Jess💙
Spill the teaaaa Abi

Abi🥀
What tea? I'm confused🤷‍♀️

Sheri🧡
You and Monty! Are you guys a
thing or what? We need to know

Abi🥀
We went out for coffee AS FRIENDS!
That was it, there is no 'me and Monty'😂

Hannah💜
That's a shame, you guys would
be pretty cute😊

Sheri🧡
Has Monty ever actually had a
girlfriend?

Jess💙
No I actually don't think so😂

Abi🥀
Wait really?!

Jess💙
Yeah, he's obviously hooked up with
people but I've never seen him spend
time to get to know a girl and fall for her

Hannah💜
OMG Abi you could be his first
girlfriend, so cute!!❤

Abi🥀
Ugh you guys are too much sometimes
How are you and Clay, Hannah?😊

Hannah💜
We are good thanks. I mean
I'm good, not completely sure
about him

Abi🥀
You and him need to just date
already, like seriously👌🏻

Hannah💜
As if he would ever like me or ask
me out😕

I grinned at my phone and came up with a plan. I decided to message Jeff and we both came up with a plan to get Hannah and Clay together.