26.

An FBI agent pulled you off of Peter and handcuffed you.

You hated them, you didn't trust them, and you didn't want them touching you. But to aid your case, you let them drag you away.

Happy was waiting outside of a blacked out SUV with a somber expression. You couldn't meet his eyes and you weren't really planning on it.

The worst would be having to face your dad. Looking at him, knowing that you had become a monster and killed Peter.

You didn't see Tony anywhere, which began to worry you. Had you hurt him? Did he know where you were? Your mind was a mess.

Happy helped you into the car and shut the door behind you. You rested against the window, closed your eyes, and sobbed.

***

Sometime during the ride, you had fallen asleep. The first thing you saw was Happy lightly shaking your shoulder so as not to make you panic.

He helped you get out of the car and unlocked the handcuffs. He led you to the entrance of a building resembling Stark Tower.

"Nick Fury's place. You remember Nick Fury, right?"

You nodded.

Happy began to walk inside and waited for you to follow.

When you just stood there, staring at the entrance, he walked back and bent down to talk to you.

"Y/n, you've got to come inside."

"I can't, Happy."

"Yes you can."

"I don't want...I..." you were on the verge of tears for the billionth time today.

Happy put his arms around you for the greatest bear-hug ever.

"I would say that you don't have to go in, but Tony wants you in there and it's not really my position to disobey him."

You pulled away from Happy. "My dad's okay?"

"Well I wouldn't exactly say 'okay,' but he's alive and he's inside."

You ran towards the double doors and waited for Happy to catch up with you.

Someone buzzed you both in and you fast-walked to the elevator.

"Eleventh floor," said Happy as he tried to catch up with you.

You mouthed a 'thanks' and pressed the button. He just barely made it before the doors closed, and he shot you the side-eye.

"I know you're all excited to see your dad, but my boss is waiting up there too."

For the first time in a few days, you smiled and let out a short laugh.

Happy smiled at seeing you relax a bit.

The elevator reached the eleventh floor and you leaped out into the hallway.

Tony was sitting down next to Pepper in a row of plastic chairs. It reminded you of a doctor's office waiting room.

Tony stood up on a cane and limped towards you.

You stopped in your tracks at the sight of him.

What had you done?

You started towards him again and stopped right before you reached him and Pepper.

"Dad I'm so sorry—" he enveloped you in a warm hug and you felt Pepper join in a few moments after.

Tony eventually let go and Pepper gave you a hug of her own.

"Thank God you're okay," she whispered. Her familiar smell and embrace made you want to cry all over again.