9.

You saw Peter look away. This was so stupid. This whole fight was so stupid.

You shouldn't be mad at Peter. Yeah, he had said things you didn't like, but he was right. You were putting yourself in danger when you didn't have to.

And yeah, it was what you wanted to do, but you didn't consider how Peter might be feeling, or how worried he might be.

You approached him. He wasn't facing you, so you said, "Peter," out loud to get his attention.

"Yes?"

"Can you come with me to my room? I want to talk."

Peter looked at the floor before looking back at you. "Sure."

You both went up to your room.

"Just give me a minute, I have to clean up this gash on my forehead."

Peter was quiet before he said slowly, "I'll...um...clean it for you, if you want."

You smiled, not facing him. Your Peter was still there.

"Yeah, sure. But you better do a good job."

"You're right," he smiled. "I could never do it as good as you."

"My only skill: bandaging Peter's wounds."

You grabbed the first aid kit you always left in the bathroom and brought it out for Peter.

You sat on your bed while Peter began cleaning the wound.

"I'm sorry for being a bitch earlier," you said. "I was doing what I wanted, not thinking about how you felt. It was selfish, it was wrong...I'm sorry, Pete."

"It's okay, you don't need to worry about it."

"Yes I do, Pete. We need each other. After everything that we've been through together, all that we've done for each other...I don't want us to end over a stupid argument."

"Y/n." He put down the cleansing pad and grabbed your hands. "We're not breaking up, okay? We both need our space sometimes. I don't know about you, but I'm not leaving."

"I'm not leaving either."

"Well then I guess it's settled," he smiled.

You laughed and Peter did too. Moments like these, in times of distress, were the best moments.

Seeing that life hadn't broken Peter was a blessing in itself.

Peter placed stitch tape over the wound (crookedly, of course) and exclaimed, "done!"

You laughed.

Peter gave a scared puppy look. "What?"

"You're just so cute. 'Done!' It was so adorable," you laughed.

"Oh," he said, beginning to crack up.

You placed your hand on his cheek and brushed your thumb over his lips.

He pulled you in for a kiss, and you obliged. In that moment, it was only you and Peter. No worries, no fear. Just love.

You pulled away for a moment to whisper, "have I ever told you how beautiful you are, Pete?"