20.

Peter followed you into your empty room. He laid his backpack on the floor, took off his shoes, and flopped down on your bed.

You sat next to him and played with his hair as he stared at the ceiling.

"Flash is so annoying," he said, breaking the silence.

You laughed dryly. "You're a superhero and you're worrying about Flash? Come on."

"I'm not worried about him it's just...now that you're hanging out with me he's being mean to you too. You don't deserve that."

"So what. He called me a zombie and, trust me, I've been called worse."

"I know I just feel bad. I don't want you to have to deal with his crap because of me."

"Pete, are you serious? You deal with secret organizations trying to kill me and you feel bad because a bully is calling me names? I feel like you go through so much just to be around me and it isn't fair. So don't feel bad, okay?"

"Yeah, okay," he said, sitting up and facing you.

"Flash can suck my toes," you said, and Peter laughed.

"Mine too."

"Wait! I almost forgot. Try on your hoodie, want to see how it looks on you."

Peter grinned. "Okay, okay. I will." He got up and grabbed the hoodie from its bag.

"Go on, go on," you said.

He pulled his sweater off and then the plaid shirt he had been wearing underneath. He was just left in his undershirt, and when he pulled his arms up to put on the hoodie, you caught a glimpse of his chest.

You felt your face get hot but you didn't look away. He pulled the hoodie over his head and fixed his hair.

"It looks great," you giggled.

He walked over to a mirror on the wall and smiled at his reflection. "Yeah, and it fits perfectly. Thank you, y/n."

He walked over and kissed you passionately. As he pulled away, you bit his lip softly and watched his mouth form into a smile.

"I'm glad you like it," you smiled.

The two of you talked until Peter had to go home.

You walked him outside and kissed him goodbye.

"Are you sure you don't want me to walk you to the station?" you asked Peter.

"You'll have to walk alone on the way back...you know that. I'll be fine, I promise. I'll call you when I get to the station."

"Alright Pete. I love you."

"I love you too."

"Be safe!" you called out after him.

He turned around, smiled, and shook his head.

***

The week went by fast. It was already Thursday and, by now, everyone was pretty much used to your presence.

You were about to leave Mr. Kestner's class when he stopped you.

It was the end of the day and you had a meeting with Ms. Slater, so you were trying to be quick with him.

"I just wanted to let you know your sample essay you submitted was great. Your grammar, word choices, everything. Keep up the good work, Stark. I want to see more papers like that."

"Oh, of course. Thank you, Mr. Kestner."

"If you wanted to stay after for a few minutes I could help—"