23.

Peter eventually fell asleep on your bed, so Steve was left by himself to sort through notes, codes, and coordinates.

Steve woke Peter up around four-thirty so he would have enough time to get home and get ready for school.

Peter got up groggily and walked out of the door.

Steve went back into Tony's office to wake him up. Steve was exhausted and though he didn't want to stop, he really needed sleep.

"Tony?" asked Steve, shaking him lightly.

Tony woke up confused, but straightened up and went to go make a pot of coffee.

After Steve laid down on the couch and Tony finished fixing his coffee, he sat down in his office chair and opened the computer.

"Alright, y/n," said Tony. "It's time you come home."

***

Peter got home safely about ten minutes later. He set his alarm and hopped into bed.

He tried to sleep, but he kept tossing back and forth. You crossed his mind for the billionth time tonight.

He was sick physically and mentally. Every time someone mentioned your name he felt like he might puke, and he couldn't concentrate on any of his work.

At five-forty he pushed the covers off of his body and went over to his desk.

His laptop sat on his desk; untouched since you'd disappeared. You were his home screen; a picture of you mid-laugh. Rarely did Peter get a serious photo out of you. They were mostly funny pictures but this one was different. You looked happy. You looked like you weren't being hunted by a secret organization or dating a superhero.

He opened his laptop, logged in, and there you were. Laughing like you weren't being tortured, brainwashed, and who knows what else.

It was like everywhere he went, he saw your face. A constant reminder that you were suffering and there was nothing he could do.

He pulled out his phone and opened his photos. He had taken a few of the notes and if he was going to get anything done, he needed to work with what he'd already gone through.

He tried to access your file through his computer, but it wasn't letting him through.

"Karen, can you get into y/n m/n Stark's file?

"There are walls blocking it, but you have permission to access. It will be a few minutes."

"Thank you." Peter put his face in his hands and sighed.

He stayed like that until he heard an "Access Granted" from Karen.

The photo was a much younger you, and your face looked bruised. There was dried blood but no cuts; Peter guess it had been due to Killian's serum.

He shook his head and rested it in his hands again.