Chapter 27~ The Good Life or Bad?

For a week, I was handicapped from head to toe. My hands and the bottom of my feet where bandaged because of the incident that happened a week ago. Ameel and I knew what really happened but we had to lie to Aleesha, and Mia about this. We told them that I broke some glassware while I was washing the dishes. Mia bought it but I had a feeling that Aleesha hasn't. My dad on the other hand doesn't know about this, since he's on a business trip to Germany and won't be back for another week.  Thank God he doesn't. If he did, he would be on the next flight home just worrying about me. Dad cares about me too much. After mom died, he became even more over protective of me. After all he was Mia as a wife and Aleesha as a stepdaughter, what more can he ask for? 

Anyways, the summer is almost over. University is gonna beginning very soon and here I am, trying to help Aleesha pack for her life on campus on Macmaster University in Hamilton. Hamilton is exactly an hour away from Toronto, if we subtract the nasty collision and traffic on the highway. As I tried to fold Aleesha's clothes, Aleesha popped up a question.

"Bianca, What really happened to your hands and feet? For a fact, I know that you don't do the dishes."

I gulped. 

"Well, nobody was there to do them so I figured why not," I told her as I threw a shirt into her baggage. I bit my bottom lip as my palms became sweaty under my bandages. 

"Bianca, you're lying, tell me what truly happened," she said. 

I sighed in grief. 

"Fine! You got me! Sit and I'll tell you what happened a week ago."

We sat down on the bed where there where boxes everywhere labeled. I told  her the whole story about going for a morning stroll with Ameel, to finding out about Zayn and Perrie's wedding, to almost trying to commit suicide. After I was done, her jaw was wide open for about 3 and a half minutes. 

"Wow! You nearly killed yourself? Why? Don't be stupid. Especially over something ridiculous as this!" She explained to me. 

"Yes, I know, now. Ameel explained it all to me. That's why I love him,"I said non- chalantely. Then I realized what I blurted out. I covered my mouth. Aleesha gave me a mischievous look. 

"What's this I hear? You love my cousin?" she asked with a high pitch flirty sound. I blushed. 

"Oh my! What's this I see. Bianca's got roses in her cheeks?"

I laughed. 

"Aleesha! Stop it, please your embarrassing me!" I said. 

"Don't worry, Bianca, I knew you and Ameel where a thing. I just didn't say a thing," she replied with a wink. 

I laughed again.

"How the hell do you know if I'm lying or if I'm in love?" I demanded.

She chuckled. 

"Oh Bianca! I've been your friend since, like forever and now I'm your stepsister. I know more then you think," she answered with another wink. 

 We burst out laughing for no reason why. At least, it was nice since in a few minutes after we're done packing, she won't be here but in another city called Hamilton. So why not enjoy the moment while it last. Ameel came in whistling and stopped near the doorway entrance. 

"You sweet thangs ready?" he asked as he mocked a southern accent. 

"Almost," I replied. Ameel left and we went back to finish packing the stuff.  While I was helping Aleesha pack, there was a letter lying on the bed near a box that labelled "my letter's from Harold." Curiously, I picked it making sure Aleesha doesn't see what I was doing. She was in her closet packing her other stuff.