What Have I Done?

Sebastian (POV):

It's been about 2 months since Skyler started to stay with us but she didn't want to live in the house with us and our parents were okay with it, they respected her wishes and made the pool house in the back yard a house for her like she asked since we weren't using it for anything.

She would come into the house to have our family dinners, meetings etc. she adjusted to the family lifestyle which looked like she really needed it, her and Dakota be at each other's throats when why get a chance as for me and her we grew closer and would do just about everything together on weekends or days off of school.

I was in the kitchen doing dishes, Dakota mowing the front lawn, Daniel moving stuff in the garage and Dina was cleaning the living room and bedrooms as for Sky she was cleaning up the backyard since it was her area.

It was nice little house for her which she adored because she wasn't into that luxury type stuff and wanted to stay simple, if your wondering why we're all cleaning around the house was because the case worker from the adoption center was stopping...

It was nice little house for her which she adored because she wasn't into that luxury type stuff and wanted to stay simple, if your wondering why we're all cleaning around the house was because the case worker from the adoption center was stopping by for the daily check up to make sure things are in order and it's a safe environment for the kids who were adopted out. I could understand because I wouldn't give a child out to a family that has garage everywhere and barely any food for everyone, why would you put a child in that situation in the first place but every has their struggles.

We didn't hire cleaning service or anything because Dina wanted to do something as a family and also put us to work because were quote on quote lazy ass people except for Skyler as she treated Sky like the daughter she always wanted, she took Sky shopping, out to eat, to get their hair done, everything girls do on they day out and even had slumber parties together at sky's place.

I soon get done with the dishes as I put them in the dish dryer, yes we have a dish dryer do judge us okay? Daniel saw it when he was out on a business trip and wanted it so he got it, it works really well to be honest as it only takes about 3 minutes for them to fully dry, once dry I put them in the correct cabinets but leaves out 6 plates, bowls and cups because we're having dinner here with the case worker. We all decided that I will be the one to cook dinner for everyone since everyone tells me I can cook.
————————————————————

It was around 7:05pm and I was preparing dinner as we were having cheesy lasagna with the side of chicken Alfredo, I was almost done when the doorbell ringed.

"I got it!" Dina shouted as she fixed her dress and hair to make sure things were in order, she opened the door and greeted two case workers instead of one.

"Sorry for the short notice but I hope you don't mind that I brought my partner along with me" she spoke in a kind voice.

"I don't mind at all, please come in" Dina told them politely and they nodded coming in, Daniel came downstairs followed by Dakota.