My Memory Of Them

Sebastian (POV):

I was playing with my dad, he was chasing me around the playground as my mom watched from underneath tree, she was sitting on a blanket since we were having a family picnic at the park. My parents had the day off that day and it was summer so I would be home or staying with Dakota while my parents worked, I would rarely see them but I would still see them and I don't hate them for leaving me alone at home sometimes since I don't have siblings or any other family members to care for me so the Rosewoods (Dakota's family) would care for me amd treated me like their own.

I was running but soon get caught by my father and he spins around making me laugh but soon puts me down and I look up at him with a smile.

I run to my mom and hugs her tightly, she hugs back and soon let's go as she looks at my dad with a smile as he walks up. They share a small kiss before breaking apart.

"Hey buddy, do you want to get some ice cream and then go to the carnival?" My dad asks me and both my parents start to pack up the blanket and plates.

Being the 10 year old I am, I jump up and down in joy screaming yes as I love the carnival because me and my always go every year.

"Go wait in the car and we'll be there, Okay? He says as I nod and goes to the car getting into the backseat and buckled up.
——————————————————-
Once in the car and heading down the empty stretch of rode, the radio was on and I was singing along to the song that was playing as my mom was singing along with me and my dad was focusing on the road ahead but was smiling listening to us having fun.

The road was was a bit dark as it was surrounded by nothing but trees and no street lights.

We were having fun but it soon comes to an end as I heard my mother screaming, tires screeching and bright lights coming straight for us as my dad tried his best to dodge the Semi truck in front of us.

The last thing I remember was my parents saying they love me and the truck is, then everything goes dark....

——————————————————-
4 months later I soon woke up from the Coma I was in and woke up in the hospital room alone thinking my parents would be by my bedside but a doctor was there instead checking my vitals not noticing I was awake until I spoke.

"W-what happened?..." I croak out since my voice was very dry from me being in a coma.

The doctor was startled at first but looked me over before explaining everything.

"Well you and your parents were in a terrible accident and your parents died on impact and you sustain bad injuries, like broken bones and blood loss but we were able to save you and you were in a coma for about 4 months" he spoke to me as he continued

"Your other family came everyday to check on you and they are going to adopt you once your healed and can leave but from the looks of things, you look better and might be able to go home in 2 days tops. I'll be back later to check on you but for now I would like for you to rest" he says and I nod not saying anything as I take everything in all at once but soon starts to cry, I ended up crying myself to sleep that day.
—————————————————
I woke up from my slumber because my alarm was going off for school, I sit up and looks down at my hands seeing tears hitting the skin on my hand and I realized that I was crying.

"Why me..." I ask myself as I thought to myself that will I will never forget that memory of them for as long as I live.