Chapter XVI: Catacombs Traps (Xian)

Grey statues of two snakes facing at each other beside the gate of a bricked tower. I called out Triana to check it out but only saw her walking clueless to this mysterious place. Nearing the gate, she suddenly snapped out of herself and observed her surroundings as it would’ve been hilarious bumping into it. I mean… budging to push the gate open, I abruptly noticed that the snakes’ eyes were glowing green as it’s body animated to move charging something from its mouth and finally spitting some green poison of pool. Quickly grabbing her evading back, I hope that she’s secure.

Chapter XVI: Catacombs Traps (Xian)

Not knowing what happened, I opened my eyes as I groaned to stand up. Something heavy was laying above me so when I looked below, I saw Triana. “Are you okay?”

     “Yes, thank you.” She smiled. “What was that?”

     “Probably a security…” I answered. “…which means one of the traps of the Catacombs, we’re here.”

     “Oh how delightful!”  Her smile brightened more. We paused for a while and thinking of what to do next looking around at some grass, trees and stones then back eye-to-eye again. “May you release me now?”

     I misunderstand what she meant, I never trapped her. “Uhhm” Still thinking what she meant then sighted that my arms were behind her back all this time near the two fats. “Oh! Oh, yeah right.” We swiftly stood up lending each other a hand.Stared at a tree for a while when she was preparing her weapons as I snapped out to do the same.

     “This is it, right?” She asked.

     Only one way to find out… I went nearer and checked on how to get pass through those statues and came to thought that the Red Seal disables traps. How do you use this? Attaching it into a Statue, I tested my hand to know if it worked but was in time to take it off before the trap reactivated. “I’m out of ideas.”

     “May I see it?” She requested. Giving her the Seal, I walked back trying to figure out how.

     “It’ll not work, I tried.” I said as I turned around when I did, I saw her going inside with the door open and the snakes not firing to her.

     “Oh here…” she pointed the seal to me. “You can have this back.”

     I’m sorry, how? W-wait, how the? Who the? Why the? Huh? Those words came to thought doubting if that seal has feelings, if this seal just really hates me or if it just really likes her. “Hmph” I did as I cross my arms looking at the other direction.

     “What are you doing?” Triana asked as she put the seal in her pocket.

     I came back to my senses and noticed that we had to do something. “Let’s get going.” I replied going onward leaving the seal behind, which means also leaving her behind. Either way, I don’t want to be near that seal.

     “GAAAAAAHHHH!!!!” we heard when we both entered the Catacombs. Screams and noises continued. The place is full of grey bricks and a little misty inside. Chandeliers above us looked like they are about to fall and other candles are burning lit. Some of the chains that used to support part of the catacombs are rusted and unlinked.

     We both stopped and looked at each other but no one of us showed any fear. We both kept our grip on our weapons. Not wanting to cause any more trouble, we just walked leisurely calming ourselves. A few steps more, the seal sparked a little enough to get our attention and the place started to crumble.

     “Move!” I cried but she just stood there.

     “Wait! I would like to see what happens.