Chapter XIX: Manga is not Book!!!(Angelica)

It was a long battle although not the longest battle I had yet. But somehow it feels long since psychologically speaking I've been fighting alongside with Edan. Cedric has been casting dark lightning spells lately but they don't surprise me anymore since its attack patterns are the same as an ordinary cleric but only using a dark merged with light element. The three of us have already broken some sweat yet spells are being casted and my combos are missing the target. He's much more of a run and attack guy, a smart person but rather a coward. It has come to the point that we had to pause.

Chapter XIX: Manga is not crap!!!(Angelica)

Some statues and pillars have fallen down yet those two are still fighting valiantly or rather violent. Though Edan used his combo moves consecutively, he still has a lot of mana. Where does he get it? Even if it is a three versus one, Cedric still hasn't given up but is tired. My doll had a lot of scratches but its silhouette continues to attack. After the continuous battle, we paused as a sign to rest and talk from the on-going battle.

Cedric stopped floating a feet from air dispersing a dark mist below him "This must be fun for us, destroying pillars and all." His tone childish and low "How about we take a nap for a moment?"

"How about you take a nap for the moment? I can do this all day!" I said as we all catch our breath. Regardless, our weapons still held as high as before.

"No thank you. With the power of this darkness, I can balance, yet, create a new form of power. The destruction of light consumed by its shadow!" he says as a dark aura by his hands. "I can never give up right now."

"You gave up the light; why not give up right now?" I grinned.

"To be honest, it wasn't light that I was striving at first." A dark aura arises from Cedric's hands. "At first, I thought it was. Not all light is good and not all dark is bad. The order betrayed us and I intend to make it right. Do you really think what we are doing is for the greater good?"

"The greater good?" Edan said. "Why do you think we risk our lives to fight these monsters in the first place?"

He paused for a while. "If you join us, the dragon followers, we will show you much."

"Or not." A voice from behind us came. "I'll end this right now."

I looked behind and saw... "Jake, you're here!" returning the focus on Cedric. "We can finally end this!"

In just a flash, I sensed a pain. "Yes, we can finally end this." Only then, Jake pushed me and pulled the sharp part of his mace out of Edan's chest. I cautiously stood back from Jake with my staff switched pointing at them as he struggle to stand up. Jake stepped at Edan's wound and he started shouting from the pain. "Thought that you'd get this done by the time I got here."

"It's not my fault that they were good." Cedric replied.

"A sorceress and a cleric working together?" Jake's face pale and emotion's colorless. "It should be easy since they don't go well."

"I guess Edan was also right about you." My face fierce on Jake.

"That doesn't matter much." He holds a book and Angelica's sharp eyes saw that... "Someone messed up my manga bookshelf. But it's like the ones destroyed aren't that important anymore, like this Haruki-chan manga. Who would've actually buy this crap?"

My staff brightened red. "What crap are we talking about?"

"I mean this crap." Jake holds the manga I meant manga up and throws it away. "Anyways Cedric, we can't tell much about us, Dragon Followers. His will for the Goddess is tied up tight." He said to Cedric as my staff brightened scarlet red.

"I'm sorry, I just thought I can beat them with this power." Cedric replied as my staff brightened burning red.

"By the looks of it, you are about to be beaten and Edan will still not give in to us." Jake stepped on my wound more as I screamed loudly like a limb being torn apart. On the other hand, my staff is red as hell!!! The burst of light caught the attention of the clerics.

"Look here, I don't care what crap is about this Dragon Followers and the power you have now." My voice tampered with small echoes. "But I reckon you said that Haruki-chan is crap."

The two standing clerics exchanged looks of poker faces. "Look, I'll handle this... I can show you that that I can kill them." As soon as Cedric said that, a burst of flames hit Cedric before he can do anything. Those flames were summoned without incantations... DO YOU KNOW WHAT IT MEANS?! They are utterly screwed as I didn't seem tired at all and now pointing towards Jake. That's why he gets for throwing a piece of ancient artifact.

"Hey, I don't know what just happened. But I'll get this done now!" Cedric moves towards me and his dark aura stronger than Jake's forming some kind of shield. "You fought him earlier and now tired. I have a higher chance of killing you." Fortunately, I casted an orb of ice him again without incantations and his shield weakened in an instant.

"People who screw with Haruki-chan don't deserve to live." Continuing to shoot orbs from me staff as Cedric tried to regenerate his shield and casting dark lightning. He didn't know what to do from his frustration eventually question where she gets her power.

The battle came to an end where both Jake and Cedric cannot fight and me having spare energy to fight. "Where, did you get that power?" He asked.

"Sometimes, whether what power you have, sheer will is enough." I looks at Cedric. "Edan has been fighting with you guys with only one skill and I don't see him using any other powers than that. He's enough proof that you can be beaten even without power." I didn't expect myself saying that but I want to thank Edan for making me realize that... maybe not. He started healing himself.

"Still, Jake, why?" Edan can stand up a little bit now and slowly walks to him. "We've been friends for how long and..." He kneeled near him.

"I'm sorry Edan." He started coughing blood and was seen bleeding as it goes the same with Cedric. That must have come from the battle between us. "I wish I can tell you everything b-but all I want to t-tell you now is..." He reaches his hand to me with his blood on his fingers. "I'm sorry." He smiled and grabbed Edan's shoulder. His hand slowly slides down making a slashed printed blood to his chest. Both of them are motionless. A tear slowly fell down on Edan's face.

"I'll check Cedric's inventory. Maybe the staff and the orb is with him." A short silence commenced. "Hey." I'll show him my thanks by patting his head. "I there's nothing we can do right now but to bury him. Okay?"

He brightened up a bit. "Yeah, okay. But can you find and deliver the Sage's staff and orb to them? I'll just catch up."

He must be broken a lot so took of her hand off my head. "I'll see you Edan, goodbye." I went to Cedric's corpse to find the items inside his inventory and left.

He, on the other hand, will stay and bury Jake and Cedric somewhere in this monastery. A place where I can bury two of the fallen clerics. May their souls rest in peace.

.

************************************************************************************

Check the Updates for news both related and unrelated to the story.