Chapter XII: First Time (Edan)

So the sorceress that Tara was talking about was the sorceress that has beaten me earlier. I still have to accept two defeats, one is that she has beaten me and the other is that I was wrong about accusing her of being the Dragon Follower. I know that I am going to hear a lot of insults but I guess I do deserve it. Her gleaming eyes say that I should back off but can’t saying “sorry” be enough? She was about to say something until she looked behind me with a surprise on her face starting to tremble.

Chapter XII: First Time (Edan)

I looked behind to see who was coming and saw Master Sorceress Cynthia holding her staff.

        “I see that you are back, Angelica,” She said with her sweet and smooth voice. “I trusted that you have recovered the Vision Orb.”

     She couldn’t answer or say a single word as her master starts to know what’s going on.  She grips her staff tightly and red aura came out from that hand. Angelica looks very down prepared to take the punishment. Maybe this is how I can say sorry…

     “If there’s anyone to blame, it’s me.” I said and she looked at me fiercely. “I tried to protect the orb by obtaining it. The door was damaged by the monsters enough for me to forcibly open the door with my skills. But those monsters attacked me unexpectedly and lost the Vision Orb.”

     That was a good apology, best apology ever, 10 out of 10. I bet that nothing bad will happen to me. I thought wrong when she used her spells making me fall down to the snow heavily injured with only my legs out of the snow as she walks away in slow-mo.

     “I’d really love to kill you for ruining the task of my apprentice…” Master Sorceress Cynthia said. “But that would break the truce of the clerics and sorceresses here.” She continued walking away.

     I passed out of the snow with my butt up high. I don’t think I’ll be doing that again. About minutes and I felt that someone was kicking my butt if I was still alive. I quickly went up and saw that it was Angelica.

     “You truly are an idiot.” She mocks. “But… thank you, for…” She said as I wait what she wants to say. “You already know that. But we have a different thing to discuss.”

     “But doesn’t he need to recover first?” Tara said.

     “Epoulothoun” I casted and my wounds started to heal. “Now what do we need to discuss?” Both of them looked at me like something happened. It just that my healing improved after learning something from the book I got.

     “As I was saying…” Angelica continued. “It is normal for all of carriage to go here, nothing happens, not even an ambush. It is not coincidental that they planned the attack when they were delivering the Staff.”

     “Wait… you knew about!” I was surprised.

     “Master told me where your master told her.” She answered. “Continuing, no one knew about what was inside it but the necklace that we found.”

     I grabbed the necklace that I caught from Angelica earlier. “This is a cleric’s but not mine.”

     “Which means the Dragon Follower is one of you. Normally Minotaurs do not leave their nests unless someone, specifically a Dragon Follower, asked them to. So that cleric knew about the Staff and left at some point that no one would know that he ordered the Minotaur to get the Orb which Tara said.” She notified me.

     What am I grade school? I already know about that stuff. Either way, I don’t like guessing but there is just something I feel about Jake that doesn’t feel right. I nominated my first suspect as “Cleric Jake.”