Chapter XI: Me versus Him (Angelica)

Spending maybe an hour maybe and I’ve learn a new spell already. Sorceress Tara was impressed but I don’t know how I did it. She soon told me that when we were younger, I was the first one who learned Fire Worm. Master told me that I had a potential back then… I now regret leaving home back then just to escape my chores. I want to follow her now, assigning me going to Parelina’s place to obtain the Vision Orb. She said that I should talk to sorceress Julia but when I got there, all of them are already lying down with other monsters.

Chapter XI: Me versus Him (Angelica)

Approaching them is easy, but looking for the answers might be the opposite. I quickly lend a hand to sorceress Julia but she declines but looks to me about to say… “N-no time. Take this key and use both of the key to get the Vision Orb.” She handed me the key.

     Use both keys huh? “Where’s the other key?” I asked.

     “But Angelica… didn’t you have the other key? You were asked to get the Vision Orb but we knew that you wanted to guard it making it locked for good.”

     Oh. So the key I have was for a chore and not a remembrance. Memories cherished now shattered. Anyways time to go inside. Awesome place here, a lot of books to read, Mangas of any kind can be found, romantic, comedy, erotic, Yuri, Yaoi, even He… I’ll skip that, maybe I’ll bring home for Master Cynthia. Some low ranked monsters showed up, casting Fire Worm and Shockwave were enough, creating small combos to enemies. Orcs were there too but they are not a problem anymore, looking for the orb is. Trying to fit the keys to the locked gates is exhausting even though that they are not the right ones.

     Not tired and not energetic here as I pass through some books where more healing is related. It seems that I have passed some more monsters and sorceress on the floor giving me the idea that this is the right way. Later on, I was ambushed by a pack of monsters but casting my spell everywhere brings them to their faces.

     I thought it was over until someone was walking towards here. A cleric raises his weapons preparing for battle as I did. I waited for him to attack but he just stood there. “So you went to Frost Wind Valley?”

     How did he know? He’s probably working with them which makes the necklace that I still have is his. After all, it’s a cleric necklace. “How did you like when I trashed the place?”

     He looked angry “This will be the last place you’ll trash, Dragon Follower.”

     Insulting me I see? I’ll show him what will happen when he messed with me. “Here’s your trash!” I threw the necklace and he caught it. I quickly use Fire Worm on him but he used his shield to block it.

     He charged and thought that he could kick me away but I used blink to teleport from a short distance and casted Glacial Spike. Yet he used his shield to block it. He’s flapping annoying! Using Shockwave might be enough, but when I used it, he’s still standing. “Ho-How are you still!?”

     “Cleric shields do not easily break…” He argued “…especially blessed by the Goddess. Our light attribute is enough to repel your element. Now give up traitor!”

     Traitor? What is he talking about? I have no time for this. “Dilitirio Pyravliki!” I cast. Green poisonous ball of liquid came out of my staff and he was stunned. He used his shield as usual but this time he started to weaken and he was on his knees. “Light attribute is enough to repel my element you say?” He looked at me with his fierce eyes as I watch him stumble. “I’d love to stay and chat but I have an orb to get.” I didn’t finish him instead I turned around and followed the trail.

     After searching around for hours (minutes actually), I’ve finally found the right room. Just some weak monsters to take care of and I’m in. I opened the door and found the orb floating on a relic. Just a few more steps and I got it. Before I can take it, I heard stomping and look to the direction as I wait what was coming. I wouldn’t expect that there would be a Minotaur here. I used shockwave but it only stopped it for a very short distance and I was shoved flying back to the gate. Receiving a wide scale of damage brought my fatigue and body very low.

     The Minotaur took the Vision Orb and walks away. I can’t stand up, what am I supposed to do now? I just laid down there for minutes. And more good news is that the Cleric came. I mean literally good news, he actually healed me and my body started to gain energy. I stood up and thought about why he did that for me? He just walks away. I was about to follow the Minotaur but he was already gone. I wanted to continue but it looks like that I had enough. Going home with nothing accomplished is a disgrace.

     When I reached Mana Ridge, I saw the injured sorceress earlier okay. I don’t know why, just going to Sorceress Tara. She was holding a book and she quickly head towards me.

     “So how did it go?” she asked.

     “I lost the orb.” I answered.

     “What!?” her reaction was astonished. “You better not tell anyone especially Master Cynthia! Remember how angry she could get? How about losing the ORB!?”

     “I know!” I started to tremble. “I need your help. I was attacked by a Minotaur which stole the orb.”

     “A Minotaur huh? I just know where you should go.” She smiled.

     “By the way, how are the others okay?”

     “Well it was this book.” She patted the book. “If it wasn’t for Edan, we wouldn’t be able to make some potions. He gathered some ingredients… he’s so kind… not like the other clerics though.”

     She actually trusts this guy? I can’t argue with that. Her choice not mine, if it’s okay with her it’s okay with me.

     “There he is right now.” She looked behind me.

     Wait a minute, he’s the Cleric I fought back then! My expression from surprised turned to suspicion.

     It’s not okay!

.

************************************************************************************

Check the Updates for news both related and unrelated to the story.