26 - real life

real life

"She really likes you

"She really likes you."

Timothée did nothing but laugh at the commotion between Amara and Lyana. The little pup would not stop jumping into Amara's arms and licking her face, boasting her excitement to the Indian girl. Timothée leaned back onto the tree they were all currently taking shade under. He noticed how the leaves from above had spread the sunlight evenly on Amara's skin, making her look like she had a literal aura of gold surrounding her.

"Of course she does, I'm the dog whisperer." she replied, making kissy faces to Lyana.

After successfully removing her hand from Lyana's grasp, the girl placed a soft toy beside the canine, to distract her, and then joined Timothée by the tree.

"How was the press tour?" he inquired. Playing it safe, and not wanting to embarrass himself, he kept his gaze down, on to his fiddling hands. Timothée really did try to look at her while they converse. But he knew he would end up a stuttering mess if he even took one glimpse of her warm brown eyes. He knew exactly how lost he would be if he allowed to immerse himself into her eyes.

"Not one sexist question was brought up in this tour, can you believe that? I was so prepared to tell someone off when the topic would come up. All those nights I spent with Grace trying to come up with witty remarks, gone to waste."

"Isn't that a good thing?" he questioned again.

"It's a bloody great thing. Thank you for the sunflowers by the way, they're beautiful." She turned her head to face him and noticed that he wasn't looking back. She frowned discreetly and then turned back in front to look at Lyana instead.

"Some of your fans came down to the press junkets too, you know."

"How'd you know they were my fans?"

"I'm pretty sure there were your Charmies. Why else would they give me peaches and tell me to 'always be prepared'?" She shrugged, smirking slightly. At the corner of her eyes, she could see Timothée's horror-stricken face.

"I am so sorry Mars, ugh, that's just.. oh my god," he grimaced, trying to cover his face with his curls, to prevent Amara from noticing his blushing cheeks.

"Oh no, it was great, I had free supply of peaches for a whole month!" she chuckled. "What about you, how's filming?" she asked, bumping her shoulders against his.

"It's going great, actually. We're set to finish in three more weeks. Then home sweet home."

"New York?" Amara wondered why he wasn't looking at her. She began to question her outfit choice. Was it the way she styled her hair that put him off? Was it because she decided to skip heavy makeup and wore only lip gloss, and a little bit of blusher? She pushed herself away from the tree and turned around so that she was facing him.

"Well it was supposed to be San Francisco but my tour guide won't be there until the week after." He glanced up, exposing his green eyes that she was very addicted to, a little smirk on his beautifully crafted face.

"Tour guide.. and here I thought we were becoming friends," she hissed. Loud music was suddenly heard from behind Timothée and the two focused their direction to what looked like a campfire gathering. People of all ages were present. The adults were engaged in small talk, the teenagers were enjoying the music and gossip and the little children were trying to make smores.

The crowd grew almost as quickly as it started. Amara smiled at the joy radiating from the group and looked towards Timothée who was already staring back at her. Her smile grew wider and she raised her eyebrows.

"I'm going dancing," she suggested. "You're joining me."

"Oh I don't really dance, Mars," he lied through his teeth. He didn't even know why he bothered not telling her truth. She had already seen videos of him in his rapping days and she knew full well that the boy had moves in him.

"Nope, we're going, come on!" she exclaimed, already up on her feet, her hands held out for Timothée to grab on. Shaking his head, he conceded and took her hands in his. Amara grabbed on to Lyana and they made their way to the campfire, their hands still intertwined.

Timothée halted his steps for a moment, looking around. He spotted an elderly lady sitting not too far away from the gathering, took his puppy from Amara and walked up to her. He knelt down before the lady and asked her, "Hi miss, my friend and I would like to go dancing, would it be okay to ask you to take care of our puppy for us? It'll be quick, I promise."

"Oh of course dear, have fun with your pretty girlfriend. Dance the night away if you must, don't worry about it," she gently offered, her aged wrinkles more prominent with the smile on her face.

"She's not my-" he tried to recorrect her but stopped when he looked back to his date. Amara was already dancing around the fire with a little boy, who couldn't be older than the age of four. Her laughter may have gotten lost in the noise of the crowd but her exuberant expression told him that she was truly enjoying herself.

"You really think she's my girlfriend?" he turned back to the lady.

"Only a fool wouldn't be able to tell how infatuated you two are with each other."

"You're saying she likes me?" The idea of Amara feeling the same way for him as he did for her was implausible, or so he thought.

"Are you a fool?" The old lady sassed, raising one of her eyebrows to the kneeling boy in front of her.

"No ma'am," he replied, "At least I don't think so."

The lady only smiled back at him. Timothée thanked her again before returning to join Amara, who was already calling out to him. They laughed, danced and sang away to the songs being played. He would twirl her into his arms. They would join in with the little kids jumping randomly to the beat. And when the famous Gloria Estefan song was being played, the two were the first to start the conga line, engaging everyone to join in.

They spent the rest of their date eating smores, playing with their dog, and after recharging themselves, diving into the crowd to dance again. The night never seemed to end but neither of them seemed to mind it anyways.

A/N: Oof is this a cute date or nah fam? Let's not lie but if given the chance, Timothée would definitely start a freaking conga line! More Timara soon but what's going to happen when they have to separate from each other again? Tell me your ideas!

Don't forget to vote and comment!