15 - instagram message

new message from amara_k

amara_k
congratulations
on the sequel
timotay

tchalamet
why thank you
amara kayyy

that was..
cringey i'm sorry

amara_k
god no don't be
😂😂
it was cute

tchalamet
thank you
i tried
so how are you?

amara_k
all's good
just can't wait
for press to be
done with
so i can go on
my trip

tchalamet
oh, what trip?

amara_k
my friends and i
we go on this
annual trip where
we visit our families

i'm saying adieu
to SF in a month,
for a month

tchalamet
thats 2 months,
i finish shooting
by then!
maybe when you
get back, we
could finally
meet up!

amara_k
oh the bet!
yeah of course
we can meet up!
btw how much
do you like curry?

like on a scale
of 1 - 10?

tchalamet
r u kidding
i live for curry

amara_k
gr8 ma8
alright so
little delhi is
at the top of our
list of places
to go

tchalamet
you made a list?
:)

amara_k
hahA
did i?
yikes you know
what i need to go
and get ready
for jimmy fallon
tonight

byE TimYy

tchalamet
amarA WAIT

----------

real life

"2 months. That's too long." Timothée sighed, his hands rubbing the tiredness off of his face. The boy, that was sat in his trailer, always pondered on how he would start his conversations with Amara. He made sure he didn't mumble over his words, even if they were only just sending messages.

Ever since he met her last year, he found himself always looking at her social media pages, his thumb hovering over the 'send a message' tab. At the last second, he'd retract and shut his phone off, thinking that it would be pointless. 'We'd just be friends and that's great. But is that all I really want us to be?' he kept questioning, over and over again, for the past 12 months.

Unnoticed by Amara, Timmy spent that whole night mentally praying it would never end. He came to the award show with the sole purpose of supporting his colleagues who were nominated but when he met the lady dressed in a traditional beautiful red silk saree, he was immediately elated that he even got invited.

Amara was a joy to be with - she was kind and sweet, loud yet melodious when she let out her boisterous laugh, all because Timmy spilled wine over his dinner plate. She noted it as an accident, a clumsy mishap. But he knew it was because his hands were shivering and aching to hold hers, even for a fleeting moment, even if it was just a brush of their fingers, that he lost his grip on his glass.

The night never seemed to end. But all too soon, the time came for them to go their separate ways. Timothée didn't know what to say. He wanted to spend more time with her. He wanted to keep in contact with her. He wanted to stay with her. For a while, he thought he was being delirious. He had to mentally slap himself for reacting this way to his celebrity crush. He gave her the biggest hug and held on for a few seconds longer, lingering in the moment. He had to force himself to let go, kissed her hand and with one last pleading look to tell her "Tell me to stay." he whispered instead, "See you around, ma cherie."

Little did he know, that somewhere in San Fransisco, the 23-year old girl was staring up at the ceiling of her room. Whispering 5 little words.

"2 months. That's too long."

A/N: bad cringey chapter 😩

don't forget to vote and comment!