Chapter 13

"Toga, Hawks, Shigaraki got back to me this morning. So there's just one thing I need to ask you guys." Dabi looked amused as Toga almost fell over in anticipation. Hawks' eyes gleamed, but he said nothing. "When are we doing this and how much of this place is going down?" Toga squealed and knocked Dabi over as she tackled him with a hug. Hawks' eyes shown even more, but he still said nothing. "The whole building!! And in the evening or early morning! That's when the most amount of people are here. Though nighttime would be better cause then we'd have the dark as an extra cover for us." Toga started murmuring to herself, planning everything out. Then, she paused and turned to Hawks. "Hawks, I need to ask you a very serious question. It's about your wings." Hawks looked up at her, "What about them dear?" Toga hesitated, then continued  She was on a role and nothing was stopping her. "Would you like to dye the tips black?" Hawks seemed caught off guard by the question, then thought about it. "That would go with the whole 'villain' thing, but I think I'll keep them like this." Hawks smiled as he stretched them out as far as he could, letting the two admire them. "It'll really hit em where it hurts since it's something that was once so comforting but now is attached to something so vile and unpleasant." Hawks laughed. Toga bared her teeth. "That's a wonderful idea." She faded off back into her thoughts, and Dabi spoke. "So we are doing this thing at night, but when? We can easily burn this place to the ground with my quirk, and yes Toga, you can get plenty of blood before we leave, but we'll need some sort of sign that Hawks was caught in this." Hawks nodded. "I can pull out some feathers and leave them in some blood." Toga turned, looking hopeful. "If you're gonna spill any blood, can I get somma that?" Hawks smiled. "Sure, though the blood I'm leaving would be from this irritating disease. I'll have to be sure to get every petal out and leave as much blood as I can. Just don't take too much. I can't be passing out while we're escaping. That kinda defeats the purpose." Hawks chuckled at Toga's excitement. Dabi rolled his eyes, clearly humored. "So are we doing this tomorrow night then?" Dabi looked at the two of them. "What time is it now?" Toga looked at the clock. "3 in the afternoon." Hawks smiled. "Then why wait? After all, we should have plenty of time until tonight to get everything set up. I'll have to write a dreadfully long report explaining the past few days and make it sound like nothing off is going on. If I don't, it'll make us suspicious." Toga tilted her head. "Why?" Hawks smiled gently. "Just imagine this: you have someone working for you. They're expected to send back reports daily on what's going on while they're on a mission. A few days go by, nothing. Suddenly, the place they were in burns to the ground. Seems suspicious how there was no report of any strange activity. I mean, how does one not notice that there was a plan on bringing a building of this size to the ground." Toga seemed to understand a little more. "But then how would writing a report now make a difference?" Hawks thought for a moment, then continued. "As I had mentioned before, I was given information before taking this job that a friend of mine could be connected to all of this. I can easily say I was catching up with my friend and simply forgot about the reports. I mean, we haven't seen each other in ten years. A few days worth of catching up is definitely necessary. Anyone with friends understands that... but now that I say that, my boss might not get it, but everyone else will, so that's not a problem." Toga nodded again, finally understanding. "Welp, then I guess that report isn't gonna write itself." Dabi spoke up. "You deal with what you need and we'll take care of the rest. Toga, get your blood and belongings together and contact Shigaraki. He'll get Kurogiri to bring our stuff back, and also make sure everything is clean. We don't want that incident of you mixing blood to happen again." Toga shuddered, remembering the horror of accidentally mixing the blood of two people, and ending up looking like a mutilated child. "You don't have to remind me." She turned and skipped away, chirping happily as she went. Hawks looked at Dabi. He got up and sat next to him. "I wanna hug." Hawks said and stretched his arms out. Dabi embraced him and they sat their, unmoving for an unknown amount of time. "Warm." Hawks sighed as he cuddled into Dabi's chest. Ba-thump. Ba-thump. Ba-thump. "You're heartbeat." Hawks said. "It's nice. A comforting sound." Dabi smiled down at the bird in his arms. "Hawks." Dabi ran his fingers through his soft, blonde hair. Hawks looked up. "Yes?" Dabi gulped. "I need you to know something." Hawks smiled, suddenly, the tiredness started settling into his eyes. His head drooped down. "I love you Hawks." Dabi whispered. "I love you too Touya. Don't leave me okay? Don't lea-" Hawks was cut off abruptly by a sudden wave of exhaustion, and he fell asleep right then and there. Dabi smiled, kissing the top of his head. "I guess a few minutes couldn't hurt. We have a bit of time." Dabi placed Hawks on the bed, tucked him in, gave him in last kiss on the forehead, and left. "Cute. I told you I ship it. My ships always work out." Toga whistled. Dabi blushed. "Shut it psycho." He was met with a chuckle. "Awww, burnt toast getting embarrassed. Hehehehe. Anyways," she turned, grabbing Dabi's hand and walking down the hallway. "We have work to do. So let's get started. Hawks' performance is gonna be starting soon, there's lots to do, and his debut is gonna be big. I know it." She winked and Dabi felt uneasy. "Only you two can make me feel nervous. He's gonna be a special addition to the group." Dabi followed Toga down the hall, away from Hawks, and towards an interesting next step. "So Toga, one question?" "Yeah?" "How exactly should we bring this place down?" Toga turned to him, still walking. "Oh you know, same old stuff. I get my blood and you burn this place down." Dabi nodded. Toga stopped and pulled Dabi's arm down. She patted the top of his head. "Relax. This is gonna be just like the rest." Toga could read Dabi's mind easily. "I understand you're worried about Hawks, but he'll be fine. I promise. I'll personally make sure he's out of there before you bring this place down. I'll bring him with me to drop our stuff off back at HQ, and he can rest and write his report there. Though you'll need to get him up soon. I'd give him an hour, than wake em up. If the blood stain is too fresh, it wouldn't make sense that he's dead, more that he was kidnapped. If the blood is too old, on the other hand, it'll look more like a set up and then we'll have to worry about someone being too perceptive. If they find out Hawks joined us willingly it'll ruin the game before it even starts." She paused, examining Dabi's face. "Don't worry. I'll handle everything. I might be psychotic, but I'm a hella good planner. Also, I know you trust my knowledge on blood, so this will be simple. For now, you watch the clock and get your stuff together as well." Toga smiled, and Dabi was surprised. It wasn't a creepy kind of smile, but a gentle and welcoming one. Dabi nodded and Toga let go of his arm. "Do you think we can bring some hostages?" Toga tilted her head. "Why?" "I'm kinda curious on how sadistic Hawks is. If we can let him go wild, we can get a better idea on what we'll be dealing with." Toga's creepy smile returned. "Hell yeah!" She clapped her hands together and showed off her teeth again. Dabi grinned. "Well. Let's get to work. Time's not gonna wait and as you said, Hawks' debut is gonna be big." They nodded, smiled devilishly at each other, and got to work.