Chapter 12

"YEAH!!! MAKEOVER TIME BITCHES!!" Toga squealed as she ran to her bag and pulled out a TON of makeup. Hawks grinned some more, and he fluttered his wings around before pulling them back to his back. "But something important." Hawks turned to Dabi. "We need to make it look like something bad happened if we wanna make this work." Toga turned to him, the makeup now switched out with fabric. "That's true. What would you suggest birdie?" Toga was bouncing around. "And where did I put my measuring tape? I knew I had it somewhere..." She trailed off and starting shifting through her bag, barely containing her excitement. Hawks got up and went to the armchair. "You left it here Toga." He picked it up and tossed it to her. "Anyways. If we're gonna do something bad, I wanna make it big. Can we do that?" Dabi was surprised by Hawks' sudden switch. He still felt unsettled by his suddenly unwelcoming aura. He could see fierce determinations Hawks' eyes. And there was something else behind it. "Yeah. We can do that... hey Hawks?" Dabi met Hawks' gaze. "Yes dear?" That's different. He's never called me that... what... Did he become sadistic while I was gone? Hawks grabbed his hands and pulled him close. Dabi could feel Toga go quiet and stare intently. Their eyes met. "You still think aloud a bit. And no, I didn't become a sadist while you were away. I've always been sadistic. I just hid it from everyone. I mean honey," Hawks pulled away and laughed. "Who wants a sadistic hero?" His laugh faded and for a short moment, he just looked sad and tired. He started to cough. Petals spilled out onto to floor and drips of blood dripped from his lip. Dabi hovered above him and watched. Hawks pulled himself together and looked back at Dabi. Toga spoke after an awkward silence. "He has a point..." she glanced back and forth between the two men sitting on the bed in front of her. A thought hit her and she snapped her fingers. "I got it!" Dabi and Hawks looked at her, clearly confused. "Hawks  you wanna be a villain, and make it BIG!!" I have an idea. But Dabi, you'll need to convince Shigaraki. We can bring this building down and make it look like Hawks was either killed, or he just goes missing. Then, on our next attack on U.A....BAM!! There Hawks is, but now he's a villain. How's that?" She looked back and forth between Hawks and Dabi and beamed as they started smiling. "That'll be perfect!!" Hawks jumped up. "And since all they know is that I have a good friend who may or may not be connected to villains, when they see I've switched, they'll just think I decided to stay with my friend and betrayed them!" Hawks' eyes glittered and Dabi felt his blood run cold. Is this the right thing to do? I only became a villain to defy my dad, and I'm not gonna lie. It was rough my first time seeing a dead body, and that's ignoring the fact that I was the one who killed them. Is this gonna be a bad idea? But if he doesn't become a villain with him being sadistic in the first place, wouldn't being a hero make it even worse for him since he has to suppress his urges? What do I do? What can you do? Stay out of it. It's his decision. NOT yours. Decide this for him and you could lose him. You just got him back. Dabi felt a wing wrap around his back. He looked at hawks and saw a blank smile. "You're right. It's not up to you. And I'm not planning on going anywhere, so just relax. Okay?" Hawks' wing traced circles in Dabi's back and he nodded. "Good." Hawks' voice was barely above a whisper. He leaned closer, kissed Dabi's cheek, stood, and left. Toga closed the door after Hawks' exit, and turned to Dabi. "He's just a bundle of surprises isn't he?" Toga smiled and sat on the bed next to Dabi. "He's gonna be fun to have around... it'll at least be a change of pace." Dabi looked at Toga and then glanced at his boots. "I'm still worried." Toga smiled and placed her head on his shoulder, signaling to continue. "I didn't know he was like this when we were kids. If this has been the case all these years and he's had to control himself, him suddenly being able to just let go completely might be an issue." Dabi looked at Toga. She seemed lost in thought for a moment, then snapped back into reality. "You worry too much." She lifted her head and looked at him, her eyes gleaming. "Sure. He might be a bit much in the beginning, but he'll even himself out. You remember how I was when I first joined, and look at me now!" Toga grinned, her teeth glowed. "A psychotic and lonely child who wants to be like someone she's planning on killing and ended up in a mental facility after eating a bird?" Dabi smiled and Toga laughed. "Okay. You're right. Maybe not the best comparison, but still. He'll even out eventually. Until then, and even after, just stay his friend. Or boyfriend. Your choice, but I ship it either way." Toga giggles and hopped off the bed. "You better now, ya piece of burnt toast?" Toga laughed hard as she skipped around the room, avoiding Dabi's flames as he chased after her. She's right though. He thought. If anything, it'll be nice having someone new around. And with him, it sure as hell won't be boring. Dabi felt a still lingering thought start to take over. But what are you getting yourself into?