Chapter 7

Hawks' eyes widened as he glanced around his hotel room. The entrance was fancy but THIS!!! He gawked at the soft, fluffy bed that seemed to stretch across half the room, a walk in closet, a full bathroom, and a kitchen filled with seemingly endless food. After admiring his temporary new living space, a thought dawned on him. With all of this here, specifically the closet and kitchen being filled to the gills despite room service, I'm gonna assume temporary is gonna be a wee bit longer than originally expected. Hawks sighed. He sat down in the small armchair in the corner of the room, by the window. He started staring out and looking for things to occupy him for a short time so he wouldn't have to think. Recently, he had begun to hate being alone with his thoughts, but nevertheless ended up stuck alone... and in his thoughts... just like what started happening to him then, while staring out the window. As there wasn't much to see, since it was nighttime and getting a bit cloudy, he started drifting off. Touya popped into his head almost immediately, and Hawks' throat started feeling clogged. As the petals rose up, Hawks felt too tired to move, so he simply turned his head and coughed up the petals and blood onto the floor, which luckily for him, wasn't carpet. (Blood is HARD to get out of a carpet) He wiped his mouth and looked at the pile of petals. I'll clean it up later. Hawks sighed. He turned to look out the window again, his exhaustion catching up with him in full force, and he nodded off. He was awakened later to the sound of a knock on his door.

A/N: THE CHAPTER IS NOT OVER YET!!! We are simply switching to Dabi and Toga to see what they were doing at the same time Hawks was checking out his hotel room and sleeping. LET'S GO!!!

Toga yawned. They'd been walking around the city for about 4 hours and had no luck on finding any kind of sign that their birdie was even alive. "Can we just go to the hotel and call it a night!!!" Toga whined, tugging on Dabi's coat. Dabi turned to her and smiled. "Fine. Can you walk there?" Toga looked at her feet, up at Dabi, and shook her head. Dabi shrugged and in a quick movement had Toga up and in his arms, slinging her over his shoulder and carrying her like a sack of potatoes. Toga said nothing so Dabi assumed she was fine. When they were outside the hotel, Dabi put her down and before going into the hotel, blushed at Toga's sudden remark. "Nice ass." He walked into the hotel lobby with his head in his hand trying not to laugh. "Room for two?" The woman at the front desk asked. Dabi lifted his head and turned, looking at the plump lady that stood behind the large counter. "Yes." "For how long?" "Reservations had been made earlier." The woman nodded and looked down at a list on the desk. "Ah! You two are Himiko and Touya?" Dabi nodded, cringing internally at the fact that he had to go as 'Touya'. It was a name that didn't hold many good memories, so hearing it was unpleasant to say the least. The woman smiled and handed them their key. "2nd floor make a left and go straight down." Toga  walked over, smiled sweetly, took the key, and scurried away to the elevator. Dabi nodded at the woman and strode off after her.

*short time skip to the room cause I'm writing this at 5 am*

The two stared at the single bed that stretched across the room. "So whose sleeping on the floor?" Dabi looked around, looking for somewhere else to sleep besides the bed and floor. "There's always the chair." Toga pointed at it. It was a comfy enough looking chair, but sleeping in a chair was an almost guaranteed way to wake up sore and exhausted, which was far from what they needed if they were to be moving around all day. "Or we could share the bed," Toga said, looking up at Dabi and watching him take a mental sigh of relief. He didn't want to be the one to suggest it but he had the same idea. He simply shrugged, and that was enough. "Anyway!!" Toga continued, "we should see what the rest of the room looks like. I'm getting a feeling that we're gonna be here longer than originally planned so we might as well get comfortable." She turned and starting walking towards what looked to be the bathroom. Dabi stared after her for a moment. Something's wrong. She never speaks in full sentences without starting to get chirpy at least once. She's always excited. Now she just looks bored. Dabi turned and went to the kitchen to see if there might be something to eat as his stomach had started grumbling. There was a TON of food. Some of which he'd never even seen before. He grabbed the nearest thing and suddenly heard the sound of someone vomiting. It was Toga. He strode over to her and helped her to the chair. She looked at him. "I'm fine. Minor food poisoning. I'll be fine in the morning." Her chirp was already starting to come back, so he believed her and got her some water. She drank it and nodded off. Dabi moved her to the bed and sat there for a minute. Then he got up, and decided on doing a little searching around. He left the room and starting knocking on doors. Hawks' in one of the rooms in this hotel. There are only 2 floors so it shouldn't take too long to find him. If someone else is there, just ask for some pain meds or something. Dabi walked down the hall, knocking on each door. Some people were asleep, others opened up (they didn't have any pain meds) and finally, he came to one door at the end of the hall. He saw a glow coming from under the door. The lights were on. Someone had to be awake. He knocked on the door. Silence. He knocked again. Silence. Everyone else who's asleep has the lights off, so why- Dabi's thought process was cut off by the sound of footsteps coming to the door. It opened. Dabi's eyes widened as Hawks looked up at him, looking completely exhausted. "Can I help you?"

A/N: hello everyone!! People have been asking how I know that blood is hard to get out of carpet. The answer is because.... I'm a wizard. That's it. Bippity Boppity Boom and everything.