Chapter 1

It was 2 am and Hawks was in the bathroom, coughing up hydrangea petals. (Hydrangeas are very pretty, cornflower blue flowers [they can also be pink and white], but are said to be poisonous. At least the leaves are.) "F-fuck." Hawks stammered through bouts of coughing. Pain shot through his chest. After what seemed like an eternity, the coughing and wheezing slowed until they were almost gone. For now anyways. Hawks stood up and drew his crimson wing close, only recently realizing they had spread out while he was coughing up a lung. How long has he been dealing with this? From what he could tell, it had been about 2 weeks. From what he'd heard, no one lasted longer than 3 months with this disease. He glanced over at the clock that was now on the floor by his bed. It read 2:17 am. "Okay. Pull yourself together and get some more sleep, you got work." Hawks mumbled to himself as he forced himself back to his feet. He groaned as he made his way to his bed, picked up the clock, and closed his eyes. Despite the slight pain that bounced around his chest and throat, he fell asleep fairly quickly.

A/N: I'm sorry the first chapter is so short!! 😓😓😓 As I said, this is my first time writing!!! Please give me your opinions on how to make it better! I'd love to hear them!!!!