Chapter 8

"Can I help you?" Hawks looked up at the tall man in front of him. He was wearing a black, torn jacket, with a white T-shirt underneath. He had spiky, black hair. Every bit of skin not covered by clothing was scarred. Hawks blinked. He looked up at the man's face and saw two turquoise eyes looking back at him. Touya has those same colored eyes. They have a similar build... Hawk turned and grabbed the door handle. He started coughing. Petals spilled down and blood dropped from his lower lip. Suddenly, the man was kneeling at his side. "Keigo!" The man looked down at the floor and stopped dead. Hawks paused. It is him. He's the only one who'd call me that. He wiped his lip and stood up again. After a short period of silence, all Hawks could say was, "Hi Touya. Long time no see. How've y-" He was then interrupted by a sudden hug. Dabi had stepped forward and wrapped his arms around Hawks, embracing him tightly. "You look exactly the same." Hawks glanced at him. After a moment of hesitation, he wrapped his arms around him, curling his wings around them both. Dabi pulled away after a bit and just looked at him. Hawks stepped back and turned, moving to let Dabi in. Hawks went back to the armchair and sat down. Dabi walked in and closed the door. He sat on the bed. "If you're here than you know I'm here to spy on you, yes?" Hawks smiled sadly as Dabi looked at the ground and nodded. "And I can assume that you're here to spy on me?" Dabi didn't look up. Hawks said nothing. He continued. "Is it me?" He finally looked up to meet Hawks confused face. "The Hanahaki disease..." he trailed off. Hawks blushed and nodded sheepishly. Dabi looked back at the floor and they sat in silence. "Where have you been all these years? I looked everywhere for you! I thought you left me..." Hawks started coughing again, and Dabi lifted himself up and knelt next to him. Pain shot through Hawks' chest. He sunk to the floor and lay there, coughing. Tears ran down his cheeks and finally the hacking subsided. "I was being beaten at home. Endeavor called it training, saying he wanted me to be the greatest hero there was. I got tired of it and ran away. I became a villain to go against him... though the thought of it seems silly now..." Dabi helped Hawks to the bed and made sure he was comfortable before taking his place in the armchair. It was warm. "You could've at least sent me a note, something saying you were okay." Hawks propped himself up. "I know. But I didn't and I'm sorry." Dabi paused. Clearly apologizing genuinely was something that was difficult for someone who hadn't had to do so in several years. "You knew we'd have to fight each other at some point if you became a villain. Why didn't you at least tell me what was going on? I could've-" "Could've what?" Dabi looked past Hawks. "Keigo, what could you have done? Tell my father to stop? We were kids. Why would he have listened to you?" The words stung and Dabi regretted saying them immediately. Hawks met his gaze, hurt swirled in his eyes. "I could've at the very least say I'd be there if you ever needed me. I could've let you stay over at my house longer. I could've done something and that's what was important. But you just up and left and for the longest time I thought I'd done something wrong! Your disappearance wasn't even on the news. You just vanished. I was completely alone and stuck on the idea that my one and only friend had left me because I did something that hurt them and now had no way to fix it. That was absolute torture for years." Hawks felt his eyes welling up. More petals were building up in his throat and he forced them back down. "Y-you don't k-know how s-scared and a-alone I was." Tears started slowly trailing down his face. Dabi looked at the ground. Misery and guilt clumping in his throat. "I should go. Me being here isn't going to help you. I'm sorry." With that, Dabi stood up and headed for the door. He paused and turned back. "I'm glad you remembered me. I go by Dabi now. Hope to see you 'round." "Wait!" Hawks cried. Dabi stopped. "If you go through that door, are you going to disappear again?" Dabi turned, strode back to Hawks, and kissed his forehead. His lips were warm. "Im not gonna disappear on you again. I promise."And with that, he left. Hawks felt a pain in his chest. I'm sorry too Touya. I'm so sorry. Hawks cleaned up the mess on the floor, and went to bed.

A/N: Keigo is Hawks' real name. The full name is Keigo Takami. (According to a bunch of readers who've been correcting me.... thanks for that btw. ) if it's something else (cause names are hard, don't judge) , plz correct me and I'll fix it.