Chapter 10

Several days had passed and not much had really happened. Dabi and Toga talked to Hawks. Hawks talked to them. They'd meet in the hotel lobby and sit on the couches that were lazily places around. They exchanged information, seeing no point in trying to hide anything as their reasons for being there had been figured out on day one. To Dabi's gradually growing concern, Toga hadn't done anything strange. To his happiness however, Hawks' Hanahaki had started slowly, slowly getting better. There were still a lot of petals, but they didn't come as frequently as usual and didn't have as much blood there either. So that was good. Dabi started taking some of the petals and kept them in a small container. He would only respond with "They're pretty," whenever someone asked why. Everything is a little too peaceful. The thought had bounced around in Dabi's head over the past few days. When is Toga gonna do something? Why are you waiting for her in the first place? Are you seriously trusting her with the fragile relationship between you and your friend? Ridiculous. You're pathetic if you can't even try talking to him about this without Toga being there. He loves YOU, not her. YOU need to figure out what to say to him not wait for someone else. Dabi's thoughts argued with each other. "-bi... DABI!" He jumped and turned to look at Hawks, who was looking amused. "Whatcha thinkin 'bout?" Toga seemed to pop up out of nowhere. "It's nothing." Dabi rose and turned to leave. Hawks started coughing. He's thinking about you again. A small voice whispered. The memory of Toga complimenting his rear popped into his head and Dabi blushed. He quickly pulled himself together after a moment, turned, and went to Hawks' side. By the time he'd gotten there, Hawks had mostly pulled himself together. Toga slipped away, to get someone, Dabi suspected, and he turned back to help Hawks to his feet. "Maybe you should lie down." Hawks nodded and started towards the elevator. Toga popped in before they got there. "Dabi!! I need to talk with Hawks for a minute so could you go over there?" She pointed to a chair placed right outside the elevator. Dabi's thoughts ran wild. What is she gonna do? Is she gonna do something embarrassing? This is why you should've talked to him earlier!! I didn't have time. Toga was right there too. No excuses! She already loves the thought of you two being together!! Get a grip!! His head started to hurt so Dabi simply nodded and sat down. DUMBASS!!! A voice screamed at him. He shook his head, clearing his thoughts. He watched Toga help Hawks into the elevator, and he felt a wave of dread and regret wash over him as she winked and smiled devilishly at him before the elevator doors shut. You've done it now man. One by one, small voices bounced around. I TOLD YOU YOU SHOULD'VE DONE SOMETHING BEFOREHAND!! She's gonna do something embarrassing. You should probably go see what's happening. But you were told to stay put and Toga can get very serious about things. Welp... fuck. After that last thought, everything seemed to go quiet in his head. He waited a minute, sighed, and went into the elevator after them. In the silence and emptiness of the elevator, Dabi failed miserably at not starting to panic. He knew Toga. She had a nasty ass mind despite her psychotic tendencies and just the thought of what could happen to Hawks made him very, very, VERY concerned. He strode out of the elevator when the doors opened and tried to slow his pace. He didn't want to look in a rush. He went to Hawks' room. No one was there. He froze. Shit, shit, shit, shit, SHIT!!! He strode, somehow faster to his room. It was the only other place he could think of that  Toga would bring Hawks. If he wasn't going to be in the hotel, Dabi knew Toga would let him know in advance. He got to the room in enough time for Toga to open the door. She walked out, looked at Dabi like she already knew he'd be there, and grinned madly. Her eyes sparkled and she looked ready to laugh. She sidestepped and nodded, then raced down the hall and was gone. Dabi walked into the room and froze. There was Hawks, on the bed, in nothing but boxers, his hands tied rather tightly above his head. He looked ready to cry. "TOUYA, GET ME THE FUCK OUT OF HERE!!!" He wailed, a laugh forcing its way through. Dabi blushed hard and moved quickly. He untied Hawks and gave him some clothes, turning away as he changed. Don't look man. He might like you but privacy's important. The thought made him blush. He jumped as he felt Hawks tap his shoulder. He turned and looked at him. Hawks was trying not to laugh. "I don't know what you've been doing these past 10 years, but you made some WEIRD ASS friends and I don't know if I should be concerned. She just said she needed to talk to me and we came here, then she tackled me and pinned me to the bed. She's surprisingly good at tying, I'll give her that. She also is a lot stronger than I thought. Why did she do that?" Dabi's hands were the only thing shielding his boiling hot face from a perceptive bird. How did you get here? Just tell him. Two voices echoed in his head and quickly dispersed. He took a deep breath. "You should sit. I'm not gonna tie you up." Dabi lowered his hands and Hawks sat, giving an all-too-knowing smirk in the process. "She heard our conversation from a few nights back and said she wanted..." he trailed off, hoping Hawks would get the point. He was met with a smile beckoning him to continue. "Wanted us to get together... so she said she'd... help and this was... what she... thought would work... I guess." Dabi finished and buried his face in his hands again. His face was red, he could feel it. After a silence that stretched on for ages, Hawks spoke. "She's a funny girl. I think I like her." He started giggling. Dabi looked at him. Cute. He looked at the bed and sat down next to him. "You might like her now, just wait till you see her fight. She loves blood." Dabi looked at his boots, suddenly finding them to be the most interesting thing in the world. "I'm not surprised." Hawks paused before changing the subject. "Anyways, what did you want to tell me?" Dabi looked up, meeting Hawks gaze. "Huh?" Hawks grinned. "Toga said you had something to tell me. What was it?" Dabi sat there, just looking at his friend. A thought from earlier popped through his head. Welp... fuck.