2- Clyde Mardon

Destiny's POV

I am heading to Barry's lab to ask him to lunch when I get tackled to the ground, I look up and see some guy that's handcuffed. He smiles creepily at me and headbutts me in my cheek. I glare at him and I headbutt him in the nose. He rolls off of me and I nip up. He gets to his knees and tries to get up but I kick him in the face. Two cops come running around the corner and I look up at them.

I say,"Keep a better eye on the people you arrest."

They nod and I pick up my bag and straighten out my shirt. I head up to Barry's lab and he is looking at the computer. I watch him for a minute, and he doesn't notice. I silently walk on my tiptoes up behind Barry.

I place my hands over his eyes and say,"Guess who."

Barry asks,"Hmmm...Dr. Snow?"

I giggle and say,"Guess again."

Barry replies,"Iris."

I roll my eyes and say,"Nope."

Barry turns around as he says,"It's Destiny."

He removes my hands and look up at him.

I say,"Yahtzee."

He smiles and I say,"I feel like I haven't seen you all day."

Barry wraps his arms around me and pulls me into a hug. I hug him back and he pulls away.

He asks,"What happened to your cheek?"

I reply,"Cops didn't look after their criminal. Headbutted me when he tackled me."

Barry touches it lightly with his fingertips and asks,"Does it hurt?"

I wince slightly and reply,"Slightly. I'm going to be ok, Barry."

Barry nods and I ask,"Do you want to go get lunch?"

Barry nods and I smile. He grabs his coat and bag. I get my coat on and Barry offers his arm. I take it smiling and we head out of the police station. We walk to a little cafe that isn't really busy and they give us a booth in a room by ourselves.

I look around and say,"I wonder how their burgers taste."

Barry places his hand on mine and I look at him.

Barry says,"I need to tell you something. It's about me."

I reply,"You can tell me anything, Barry. I'm here for you always."

Barry smiles and says,"I haven't really talked about my childhood with you."

I look down and say quietly,"You haven't. I always wondered but was scared to ask."

Barry lifts my chin up and says,"I don't want you to be scared to ask me anything. I will answer."

I nod and he says,"When I was eleven, my mother, she was murdered."

I gasp and he continues,"They blamed my father for her murder. He's in Iron Heights right now for a crime he didn't commit."

I ask,"What do you mean?"

Barry replies,"That night, I saw a ball of light circling my mother. In the light, I saw a man."

I don't know what to say and Barry looks down as he says,"I won't blame you for not believing me."

I get up and kneel next to him. Barry looks at me and I look in his eyes.

I say,"Barry, I believe in you. I always have."

He smiles and I say,"Thank you for sharing more about yourself with me."

Barry nods and I say,"Next time you go to see your father, I'd like to come with you."