𝚗𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚛𝚎 𝚝𝚛𝚊𝚒𝚕 !

"trail mix.... check. Water.... check. Sandwiches....check."

I closed the picnic basket and tied my shoes. I sat on my couch and waited for Finn to text me.

Im outside

I quickly grabbed the picnic basket and fixed myself in the mirror by my front door, fixing my hair, and straightening the crease in my shirt. I exited my house and saw Finn standing outside, his hands in his pocket, staring at the grass beneath his feet.

"Hey Finn!"

"Y/N! y-you look really nice."

"Thank you. Ready to go?"

"Yeah"

We walked alongside eachother. The trail was near my house about 5 minutes away. We walked there and began the trail.

"Can you believe school starts in less than two weeks?"

I looked over at him, eye brows raised, curious to find out what he says.

"I know, it's a bummer we didn't do that much this summer."

"We've got two weeks left, and there's always next summer, before we start college."

"Yeah, anyway, how have you been Y/N? I know we see each other all the time but we never really talk... you know?"

"Yeah, I've been good, excited for school to start again, but I know that as soon as it starts I won't be so excited."

A small chuckle exited his lips, as he continued walking up the trail. My thighs started fatiguing but I continued anyway. We continued talking, about how our summers went, what music we've been listening to recently. Everything that we've missed out on with eachother. We stopped somewhere along the trail and set up the picnic, pulling out the old sheet and laying it on the floor, under a tree that provided shade. I grabbed the picnic basket, grabbing the sandwiches from the fabric wrapping (save the earth!) and two small reusable water bottles filled with lemonade. I gave him his food, which he gladly accepted.

"No tomatoes, or onion, or mayo, or mustard, just turkey and cheese, just how you like it."

"Ugh Y/N you're too kind. Only you could put up with my picky eating habits"

He took a bite of his sand which, his eyes closing and his head dropping. He looked at me with a full mouth.

"This is really good"

The food muffled his voice but I could still understand.

"Thank you, put my blood sweat and tears in them."

He swallowed what was in his mouth.

"I hope you're not serious, but even if you were I'd still eat this."

"They're just sandwiches Finn. They're super easy to make." I giggled.

"I can't even put two plain slices of bread together. Besides they're so much better because you made them."

"Thanks."

We finished our food and wrapped everything up, folding the blanket and packing up the picnic basket, and continued to walk. The sight was beautiful, the tress forming a little alley for us to walk through, small birds chirping every once in a while. We even saw a baby deer, and of course we stopped to take pictures of it, Finn taking a couple of me as well. And for a while we walked in comfortable silence together, kicking a couple rocks in our path, our hands brushing against eachothers every now and then. And I longed to hold his hand. Every time our hands touched I felt myself being swallowed up by nerves and a little bubbly feeling. We arrived at the top of the trail, just admiring everything we saw below us.

The sun was setting. Different shades of orange and pinks and a couple of hues of blue decorated the sky, and the sun shone brightly against his pale freckled skin. It was beautiful watching the sun set from ground level, but this was something else. I was in awe.

"It's so pretty... so so pretty, isn't it Finn?"

"Beautiful."

He replied his eyes locked on my own. A small blush creeping up on his cheeks. He sat down on a patch of grass leaving me some room.

"Y/N Can i get some advice?"

"Yeah. What's wrong?"

"Well... you see.... there's this really pretty- actually, beautiful girl that I really really like."

I could feel my heart frowning, I was sure the frown would appear on my face aswell, but I stopped myself.

"Okay, tell me more about her."

"She's super smart, like super smart, she knows just about everything about everything. And she's so kind. She's so so kind. The kindest, most softest girl I've ever met. And she's really funny...she's really good at everything she does. And I really like her. I'm afraid if I tell her she won't like me back. I don't want to hurt her. I don't want to ruin something as wonderful as she is... cause she would never do that to anyone else, and I'm afraid if I do hurt her, that she might not be the same person."

I watched as every word slipped from his lips. I could see the way he meant every word he spoke. And the way his hair flowed when he looked down at the ground. He looked at me intently, wondering as to what I would say.

"I'm no expert when it comes to these things, but, I do know, is that a girl like this is so worthy of being with someone like you. She sounds like she's good for you. I know you, and I know you wouldn't intentionally hurt her. And I can see how much you like her. So go for it. If things work out, they work out, and if they don't, then they don't. It's as simple as that. Just tell her how you feel, you miss the shots you don't take."

"You're too good at this Y/N."

"It's my job as a friend.... C-can I ask you who it is?...."

".... you. It's you. I like you."

I thought I was dreaming.

"Me?"

"Yeah... you. If you don't like me it's fine, I'm so sorry maybe I was reading something between us wrong, I might've misinterpreted-"

"No."

"What?"

"It's okay. You're okay. You're more than okay. You're great. I like you too."

I smiled at him, and I admired the way the shadows carved out his smooth pale skin. And I was suddenly leaning in. And our lips were so close to eachothers. My eyes drifted from his thin lips to his eyes, and they darted back and forth between the two. I pressed my lips against his. A small peck exchanged between the two of us. It was short. But I felt so much. I pulled away and smiled at him resting my head in his shoulder as we watched the sun set. And when it did, we walked all the way down the trail, going back to my home.

But this time we held hands.

Unedited

Requested by 1800dumbass . I added my own spin on it, sorry if you don't like it. Thank you. <3