Chapter 14

I had to meet the devil just to know his name.

*NARRATOR'S POV*

Due to Harry's inability to actually sleep he stayed up with wide, bright eyes and watched Louis.

The smaller male had just grabbed the comforter to cover his front in time before closing his eyes.

He slept half on his front and his side, kicking one leg out of the sheets for a moderate body temperature.

It was then that Harry decided to make sure he hadn't hurt Louis during their two rounds of fantastic love-making. It was another bonding aspect that the two mates stole every chance to be one when the mark was fresh.

Harry kissed Louis' temple, over the very intricate tattoo indicative of their courtship. He pulled the covers off Louis but made sure to stay close and share his own body warmth.

He's not surprised but still upset to see so many marks scattered across Louis' skin unevenly.

There were several bite marks that were going to fade into faint scars soon as they healed, on Louis' legs and shoulders. The bruises imprinted on Louis' hips were no joke.

Harry sets about gently pecking each one before grabbing Louis' waist when he moves. It was a reflex and reminded him of Louis' faked injury that even fooled him.

It was at eight the next morning when Harry felt certain movements come from Louis as he was roused from slumber.

"Good morning." Harry was eager to wake up and spend the day with his mate.

Louis was still between folds of sleep, and mumbled something before cuddling up to Harry's side lazily.

"Wake up please." Harry kissed Louis' forehead.

The boy shifted and rolled over, covering himself up in a cocoon of sheets. Harry chuckles and sidles up to Louis' back, enveloping him in a warm embrace before attacking selfishly. His hands crept under the comforter and brushed Louis' sides, making him grumble and shuffle away. He was ticklish, and Harry was going to take full advantage of that.

"Harry!" Louis jolted awake when he felt Harry's hands at his sides, torturing him with tickles.

"Stop, Harry!"

The demon cackled and fell into Louis' loud laughter. "Sorry. I was lonely."

Louis wanted revenge but demons weren't ticklish so he'd have to find another way. Maybe by keeping something away from him.

"I'm tired, Hazza." Louis spoke into the pillow.

"From what?" Harry tried, cheeky smirk upon his visage.

Louis threw a pillow at him and rested on his stomach again. "It's all your fault."

"I wasn't too rough, was I?"

"Nope." Louis drops to the pillow and tries to fall asleep again.

"My love, I want to leave the cottage and see things. I can't go alone."

Louis hums and says nothing else, eyes already half closed. Truth is, he wasn't acting. With the blood he lost yesterday, and their intimate time, exhausted him. So when Harry's hand started trailing down his body, Louis blushed and hid his face but did nothing. He had a plan, and he only hoped he could stick with it.

"We can see the goblins today." Louis grinned, reaching back to gently fend off Harry's hand and push it away.

Harry frowns and grips Louis harder, already feeling the start of something suggestive building.