Chapter 7

*HARRY'S POV*

The bad feeling didn't ease up when I got closer to the source of the scent of my mate. It became worse, heavier and clouding my coherent thought abilities. Smells of gasoline, oil and burnt plastic also accompany Louis' sweet fragrance and my cold heart maybe thaws enough to break in half when I realize what's happened.

I'd not taken the human time to drive or walk over here, opting to use what I'd been given to transport myself. My wings were massive and took a while to fold into my back, but there was more of a hurry today.

"Louis." I gasp, completely enraged by the causer of this hurt and such twisting agony for my Lou.

There are people everywhere when I slide off the tree, sprinting up to the sprawled out youngster who could still be breathing. He chokes and I breathe out in relief because he could always get better.

His siblings are somewhere and I know they're coming closer because I can smell their panic and fear. They should be with him. They're his family. But look at what they've done, he's hurt because they didn't care about enough to look out for him. Warn him, maybe. Not like I would have. I growl deep in my throat, a menacing threat to anyone who would normally step up. It had the power our forefathers did, to keep humans at bay by hypnotism.

"Lou?" I place his head on my lap.

His eyes are closed and he coughs blood onto my jeans. He is keeping it in, I know he is. I offer him as much support as I can while I try to diagnose the damage.

"Lou? Lou, come on. Wake up, sweetheart. You can't sleep." I rock a little with him in my arms.

He blinks to reveal blood-shot eyes and my throat clenches. He moans before letting out a piercing cry.

"What hurts, love?" I ask desperately.

"Legs." He coughs and I remove my shirt to wipe his mouth.

He was right. His legs lay in an obtuse angle that looked so painful. I bit my lip and tried to keep his eyes open because we couldn't afford a concussion.

"Lou? Look at me, love." I fall on my butt when I try to rile him. "Baby, come on."

"It hurts, Haz." The tears slip from his eyes and onto the road.

I had no power in this situation. I couldn't help him because all I could do was hurt others.

I nod. "I know, my only. I know it hurts but stay with me, okay?"

I take his hand and interlock our fingers, wanting so bad to just carry him off but where would I take him? The paramedics arrive and so does the fire truck that douses the crashed car in cold water before I have Louis dragged away from me.

"I'm going with him." I state firmly.

"Yeah. Sure." The medic says before rolling Louis' gurney towards the ambulance and we all get in.His eyes close just as the door shuts and I hold his hand all the way through to the emergency room. The doctors whisk him off to the OR before I can say anything, and I'm forced to wait for a response.

I don't get one until four hours later.

***One Month Later***

"Mr. Styles. We did all that we could." The doctors had informed me that faithful day one month back.

"Don't even....fuck." I ran my hand angrily through my hair. "Fuck!"

"He's not gone, Mr. Styles."

"What?"

"He's lost the use of his lower limbs but all else functions properly."

And I could have kissed them if I didn't absolutely hate them for damaging a part of my perfect Lou. "Can I see him?"