Chapter 9

"Broken mate, eh?"

The voice wasn't Tim's, by the look on his face, and Harry didn't say it because he knows what comes out of his own mouth. Both men turn towards the door and are met with a real sight, indeed. Harry's jaw drops and Tim's true form flares aggressively.

Louis is standing there, arms crossed and hurt expression on his face.

*NARRATOR'S POV*

Harry fish mouths like a complete fool, before being snapped to reality by the threat Tim still poses to Louis. It wasn't on purpose, but Tim was very instinctual and now he could hurt Louis.

He rushes to his feet in time to shove Tim back behind the oak desk and reveal the slits in his eyes. Tim tightens his jaw and backs down.

"I'm leaving." Tim hisses out before slipping through the window.

Harry turns back to the door almost afraid of what he will be faced with. Louis is still there, a bit more amused in his manner.

"I still wouldn't say broken." Louis leans against the door frame.

"L-Louis." Harry is out of breath, words and coherent thought. Louis steps into the room, totally capable in all his limbs.

"You are surprised." Louis is wearing a tiny frown that doesn't fit his face. "That's not good." Now he's pouting like this is his fault, which it is but Harry can't believe that.

"Y-Your legs. What happened?" Harry was losing control too, slowly and sweetly it was slipping from his fingers.

With almost half of it down the drain here, Harry can't resist seizing Louis by his waist. Instantly, he drops to his knees just to make sure this all isn't an illusion.

"Hazza." Louis is giggling like this is normal and he doesn't even stop Harry from lifting his leg effortlessly.

Harry sets Louis' socked foot on his knee and just feels all along the surface of Louis' skin for where the mirage kicked in. But no, it was all real and soft skin with a magnificent scent. Harry thinks doing that was a terrible idea because now he can't think straight. He stands up warily, reluctantly releasing Louis' thigh.

"Lou." Harry exhales and his mate's name is lost in the sequence. "Oh Louis."

Louis is right there, in front of him and reaching out to touch him. There went all his control. Without asking permission or thinking anything through, Harry grabs Louis and spins them around. Everything from the desk flies off and Louis is slid onto it.

"Harry." Louis pushes the man away when he starts nipping at his neck.

"No." Harry let's a growl ripple out from his tight throat. "You're mine."

"And you will have me." Louis pulls on his hair too hard to ignore.

"Tonight."

"No." Louis chuckles. "Not tonight."

Harry whines and holds on tighter. "Tell me what I didn't see for myself."

"It is for you to figure out." Louis grins proudly, ripping into Harry's chest a little. He giggles after that and Harry feels faint. "I've always wanted to say that."

"My only." Harry really needs to speak in full sentences. "How are you-"

"You are demon spawn." Louis states, crossing his ankles around Harry's back.

"I am."

"Let me see your true form."

"No."