Chapter 3

Chaos is an angel who fell in love with a demon.

"Lou? You okay?" Niall caught Louis sitting on a swing in the playground during their break. It wasn't restricted for kids their age, but it also wasn't customary for anyone of that group to visit. Louis did whenever he was sad.

"Yeah." He shrugs his shoulders with a heavy sigh. "Just tired."

"The day's not half done yet, Louis. What's gotten you so upset?" He offers Louis an apple and the boy takes it happily. He loves Pink Lady apples.

"Someone pushed me in a locker." He notes that his fingers are trembling as he mindlessly tries to peel the apple.

"Oh, Lou! I'm sorry." He stands behind the boy and wraps his arms around his shoulders in a comforting gesture.

"The new boy.....he helped me." Louis spoke in a small voice.

"New kid? We have a new kid?"

Louis laughed brokenly at Niall's ignorance of everything unconcerned with junk food and football. "Yes, Nialler! His name's......."

"His name's?"

"His name is Harry."

"Oh! The Jaguar kid."

Louis nods once, feeling that the air is too thick and this atmosphere serves to be hostile.

"He's a bad one, right rotten apple."

Louis let's out a peep when he hears Niall's analogy. "Why?"

"Just is. Heard the stories about him?" Niall knew it was probably not the wisest decision to let little Lou here in on some of the rambling gossip.

Louis shook his head but widened his eyes. He wanted to know.

"Probably shouldn't say. A lot worse than PG 13, love." Niall snickered.

"Aw, Niall! Pretty please?"

"Make me brownies?"

Louis' brownies were poop and a waste of funds, but he loved trying every time and no one had the heart to let him down. "Yes!"

"Well alright." Niall gives Louis' swing a light shove and he giggles before settling back on the ground. "All I know is the guy shouldn't even be in high school."

"Why? Is he old?"

"Twenty-something but he's also a ruffian, that one. Fights for fun and all that."

"He's my friend." Louis frowns.

"Stay away from that one, mate. Promise me?"

"But Nialler-"

"Lou. Promise me?"

"Louis?" A gravelly, low-throat voice calls to the boy from an awkward stance at the entrance of the pre-school section.

Both heads - blond and brunette - snap up and Louis may have felt a knot in his neck. Niall doesn't react the way he usually does to bullies or threats, his shoulders remain slumped and his eyes stay on the grains of dust beneath his shoes.

"Could I talk to you?" Harry has no bag in his hand and Louis wonders where it is.

Does he carry one? Louis fidgets with his fingers for a brief moment before standing and walking up to the exceedingly tall figure. "Y-Yes?"

Louis remembered the claustrophobic choking sensation he felt confined within that sinfully small locker. He shuffles awkwardly from foot to foot without looking up.