Chapter 8

Loving you is as easy as hating myself.

*HARRY'S POV*

Louis' wish to own a puppy did not go ignored by his truly - it's a demon's foremost duty to ensure that their mate is happy. I intended to take him to the pet store as soon as he was able to listen to and form any coherent thoughts.

He wriggled about a lot and I made sure to hold him still, keeping him from hurting himself with any rash movements. Eventually he fell asleep again at three in the morning, my one arm braced around his entire body to hold him still. I kiss his forehead and sigh peacefully, wishing I could sleep myself.

It's when my bedside digital clock strikes five that I decide to hire a housekeeper. A female one, probably old enough to be our mother and take care of my Lou while I had to be gone attending some pathetic meeting.

Louis stirs, his eyes flutter to reveal those magnificent cerulean orbs of sheer beauty. "Hi."

"Hello, my only." I kiss his forehead, cheeks, nose and finally lips. "It's too early for you to be awake."

"You're awake."

"I have to make sure you're comfortable. I don't like sleep."

Louis yawns cutely and covers his mouth. "Don't like sleep?"

"Yes. Sleep, Lou. Wake up later and we can go out."

"No, Harry." Louis immediately starts protesting. "I don't want to go out. People will laugh and- and I'll get bullied. Please don't make me go."

"It's okay." I promise. "I'm going to be there the whole time and didn't you want a puppy?"

"You won't leave me?"

"I won't leave you."

"Can you kiss me again?"

"I can."

I roll us over, dragging him to lie on my chest and kissing him slowly. Part of me is so happy that I get to do this with Louis, while half of me really wants us to get naked. I couldn't do that to Louis now, while he's so susceptible to emotional disdain. No one else got that privilege, just sweet Louis.

So the selfish half of my one-track mind won, and I found myself rolling us back over. I minded Louis' legs as I deepened our modest kiss, catching him off-guard as he squeaked. I sniffed his

neck and wanted nothing more than to bite and mark him as my own. But I couldn't, a mate must consent and for that Louis must see my true form.

Louis giggled when I blew a raspberry against the spot below his ear, a wonderful sound. He tugged on my hair and pouted for another kiss.

"Lou?" I enjoy his nervousness and lack of knowledge, because I meant I could teach him myself.

"Yes?"

"Do you want me?"

"I don't understand."

"Me. Do you want me?"

Louis blushes a deep shade of pink. "I-I.....Mommy says I can't until...until I'm old enough."

"You are old enough, Lou."

Louis frowns. Oh shit. "But.....do you want me too?"

"I want you more than anything, Lou."

"Then I want you." Louis smiles. "But we can't do anything naughty."

I want to cry at his words. "Why not?"

"Mommy says marriage first. It's how you know a person really loves you."