Fortieth scene part II

Once again, the arena was bursting with screams from the fans. Yoongi was more popular to the girls than it seems. Yoongi held unto the mic as they settled at the center of the stage. "It's been a while since I last performed in a crowd and even then it wasn't quite large like this. A few months ago, I was this small underground rapper that had no money to feed himself. I found it unfair that the music I made had little to no appreciation, my work had always been stolen and I had no credit to take for it. It was tough living in the shadows, especially when the people who you thought would support you was the people who were gonna abandon you."

Yoongi took a deep breath, feeling his hands tremble knowing his parents were in the crowd listening. "Still, although a few have enjoyed my music, it was my passion. A dream I nearly let go of, second thinking if it really was worth it to pour all of my efforts to. But I kept holding on to it and that's what I'm trying to say, don't let go of your dream even if the people around you had already given up on you. Don't let other people can define who you are and what you become to be. Only we have the power to do that."

Yoongi fought the tears that threatened to spill out of his eyes. "So today we'll be performing a rap song that we wrote entitled, Cypher."

The music began and the two poured all of their passion into the song. It was upbeat, aggressive, just like how they felt inside. They wanted their voices to be heard and let other people know they're not afraid to be who they want to be. They're not afraid to show their true identities. And seeing the fans support it only motivated them further.

The second chorus came and Hoseok felt a weird feeling in the pit of his stomach. He turned his head back to the side of the stage, seeing Jimin smile disappointedly only affirm it. He took a deep breath and brought the mic to his lips.

"I'm sorry, I can't."

Yoongi glanced at him with a surprised glare as the people gasped and murmured at the sudden interruption. The music director had ordered to stop the music and so they did. All eyes were on Hoseok, even Jimin who was as taken aback as the older.

"I wish to say something." He spoke. "If you've been watching this show the past few months, you would know that I wasn't Yoongi's initial partner. I was his pair just recently. I realize it now, I know it didn't feel right. Right now, I'm not supposed to be performing alongside with Yoongi. You all know who should be here with him,"

He walked toward the confused male and pointed at himself. "Jimin, please come here with us."

Hoseok had guided him to walk at the stage as the fans cheer more as he approached them. He smiled anxiously and grabbed the mic that a staff had handed him. Hoseok smiled at him, "Jimin deserves to be here instead of me. Because after all, the angel is incomplete without his demon."

Jimin looked down to his toes feeling his cheeks heating up from the teasing of the crowd but mostly because Yoongi grabbed ahold of his hand and intertwining them. Hoseok noticed the awkwardness between them and spoke, "So instead, we will be singing one of Yoongi's greatest songs he ever written, 'Light'. Are you okay with that Yoongi?"

"More than okay." He replied with a smile.

Jimin was familiar with this song. He heard him sing this song too many times that he himself got invested in. The music played and Yoongi began to sing his heart out, still holding unto his hand dearly.

"Sunday, when I can't answer any calls or texts
I'm not in the mood for anything
Though not very often, I feel sick of it
I feel a little helpless right now"

Jimin held the mic close to his lips.

"But I still feel like I can save someone
I hear your voice
Within the noise, time stops
We are connected by sound, woah"