19.

HERO 

The moment we reached my doorstep, Jo grabbed my sleeve turning me to her.

"Hero, what are you gonna tell your family about me?" she asked.

"The truth. That you're gonna be staying here for a while. They won't mind", I explained.

She just nodded but she still looked unsure. 

"Hey, hey" I grabbed her elbows, "They'll love you. Don't worry about it," I smiled and she did the same. 

I took my keys out to unlock the door. When I did I immediately heard paws from the inside tapping the floor and I smiled.

Diezel.

Before I could completely enter the house, my beautiful dog had run to me, jumping around almost making me fall from the impact. 

"Diesel, man. I missed you" I laughed as Diezel placed his paws to my chest still jumping around. He let out a couple of barks as I went to my knees and started caressing his fur and especially that spot behing his ears that he really likes. 

"Oh my God, he's so cute" I heard Jo behind me as I saw her reaching for Diesel to touch him.

Diesel didn't let her at first. He let out a bark and started smelling her laying hand.

"She's a friend. Be a gentleman with her" I told my dog as if he could understand me. 

As if he did, he licked her hand as he let Jo rub him wherever she wanted. He even laid back leaving place for her to rub him on his belly as he panted, pleased with the caresses he was getting.

Same, man. Same.

I watched the scene in front of me in awe. Jo playing with my dog was a scene my mind could never forget. She looked so happy, so relaxed. I couldn't stop staring at her. Her smile was only getting bigger as her giggles were flying in the air and straight through my ears making a tingly feeling appear in my stomach. 

Make sure to keep that smile, I told myself.

"Hero, baby you're here," I heard another voice and my head turned to watch my mom running to me with open arms. 

"Hey, mom" I smiled as she infolded me into a tight hug. She held my face as she kissed both of my cheeks. 

"You've grown so much. Have you been eating? How was everything? I see a little more muscle. Did you start working out harder?" she asked grabbing my biceps to look at them closely.

"Slow down," I teased her. 

After a few seconds she seems to notice that I wasn't alone in the room.

She looked at Jo, who was smiling awkwardly at her -Diesel long gone- and then back at me. 

"Mom, may I introduce you to my co-star, Josephine. She's going to be staying with us for a while" I said. I wasn't exactly sure how should I introduce Jo to her. We weren't just friends but we weren't anything more either. 

"It's nice to meet you" Jo said giving her hand to my mom for her to shake.

My mom looked dumbfounded for a while. Then the biggest smile appeared on her face as she ignored Jo's hand and hugged her instead. 

"Oh my God. Hero, your first girlfriend! Why didn't you tell me anything earlier? Oh God you are so beautiful! I'm so glad we have you here!" 

My eyes widened and I felt my cheeks getting hotter.

"We're not together" I almost whispered. 

My mom looked back and forth between us as her mouth formed an 'O'.