Twenty-Four

Cale

I was sitting in my office at home, working on more paperwork than I knew what to do with when my phone rang. I didn't bother looking seeing who it was because I was waiting for a call from Owen to tell me he was ready to be picked up for the club tonight.

"Hey, Bunny. I'm almost done with my paperwork and then I'll be there. God, I can't wait to fuck you up later,"

"I'm good thanks, Cale," I winced and shuddered slightly.

"My bad. Sorry, Daniel. I was—"

"—expecting Owen? Yeah, I got it. Speaking of the club, I need to discuss your punishment. I am aware that you skipped your original punishment to help Owen, but you still need a punishment,"

"I understand. Owen and I will be there tonight. We can do it then. I'll just have to tell him when I pick him up. Anything else I should know?"

"Just that Ken is going throw a party for Owen next week. But don't tell Owen that and if you get texts from Ken asking weird questions, that's why,"

"Got it, thanks, Daniel. Sorry again about earlier," he didn't even say goodbye. He just hung up.

Well, so much for having a sexy night with Owen.

I put away the papers I had been working on and headed back towards my apartment where Owen was getting ready. He was going to be disappointed, I already knew it.

The ride home was quick, which surprised me given it was 4:30 on a weekday. Normally, the roads would be swamped with people and there would be break lights everywhere. I hated rush hour, so I was thankful for this reprieve.

Owen was stepping out of the bathroom when I arrived. He was naked and facing away from the door with music was blaring from my radio. I quietly set my bag down and snuck up behind him.

"You showin' off for someone, Bunny?"

"Fuck!" Owen grabbed the towel from the bed and wrapped it around himself as he turned to face me, his face burning. He grabbed the remote and turned off the music, "Damn you, Cale. That wasn't funny,"

"Are you kidding, that was hilarious," he pouted and crossed his arms. I walked up to him and kissed him lightly.

"Hmph. Fine, I suppose I can forgive you. What are you doing here? I thought you weren't coming until I was ready?"

"About that, I've got some bad news,"

Owen fixed the towel slightly and sat down on the bed, "What is it?"

"Daniel called earlier. He is insisting on a make-up punishment for missing the first one,"

Owen frowned, "But he knows why? Shouldn't he be understanding and let it go? Especially given what happened,"

"That's not how being Head Dom works, Owen. If he lets me go, who's to say someone else won't demand the same or challenge his abilities to be Head Dom. This is just how it's got to be, Owen,"

Owen did not agree with that.

When we arrived at the club, he made a beeline for the V.I.P. area while I signed in. Ken and I talked for a second about Owen's party before I decided it was probably a good idea to find the Bunny in question before something bad happened.