Eight

Owen

I was pacing around my apartment, my heart beating erratically. After almost three weeks of short calls and many text messages, tonight Cale was taking me to dinner to talk about our status and other things. Something told me that the other things had to deal with the package from the store before he left.

I was literally burning with curiosity to know what was in the package. I had asked around the club, but anyone who had been with Cale refused to tell me, always leaving with a glint in their eyes. I even asked Zade, but even with the threat of him owing me, he refused. But he did say that he wouldn't be surprised if the entire club could hear me screaming.

Because I needed another reason to make me nervous. For the last week that Cale had been home, I had been waiting with bated breath for him to ask me to join him at the club, even going so far as to look up rules and ask Zade about what I should do to prep myself. A conversation I hope to never have again so long as I live. But, so far, nothing had happened and I was starting to grow anxious.

Another reason I was pacing was that Cale was late. He promised to be here at six, but it was almost seven and he hadn't called or anything to let me know what was going on. As I went to take off my shoes and jacket, there was a knock on my door.

"That better be you, Cale," I grumbled opening the door to see Cale glaring at me.

"Why haven't you been answering your phone, Owen? I've called four times to tell you I was going to be late, but every time I did, you hung up on me after two rings," he stormed in, shoving the flowers into my chest. I stared at the empty hallway for a second, before shutting the door.

"What are you talking about? I've been pacing around worried because you hadn't called me and you were late,"

Cale brought out his phone and showed me the screen. Sure enough, there were four outgoing calls to me. I, in turn, brought out my phone and showed him the screen where there was not one phone call from him.

Cale made a face and shrugged, "How strange. Maybe I didn't have a signal. I'm sorry, Bunny," he ran a hand through my hair, brushing it out of my eyes, "Anyway, the reason I was late was because I grabbed a few extra things just for the Christmas party,"

"Christmas party?"

"Shit. Right, I forgot. I was going to ask you over dinner, but since I've spoiled it, would you join me at the club's Christmas party? It'll be Christmas Eve night so everyone can spend time with their family Christmas Day," I gave him a smile and nodded.

"You mean to tell me that you decided to wait until the day before to ask me?" He shrugged sheepishly, "I'd love to go to the party with you, though something tells me I wouldn't have had much of a choice, would I?"

"Absolutely not," Cale pressed me into the door and didn't hesitate to kiss me, his tongue roaming my mouth and his hands roaming my backside until they rested on my ass and he gave it a firm squeeze. I let out a moan and brushed my hips against his. Cale pulled away and I didn't hide my pout.

"Don't worry, Bunny. There will be a lot of that at the party and maybe more if you're a good boy. Are you going to be a good little bunny for me?"

"I-uh-yeah. Yes, Sir," he nodded and gave me a smirk.

"Alright, come on. We're already late for dinner and I've got a surprise for you,"

Despite our late arrival, the restaurant staff was more than happy to give us a table and serve us quickly. While we were waiting for our check to come, Cale went to get something from the car. Hopefully, it was the surprise because every time I brought it up, Cale changed the subject or cut me off.