029: Final Day

Seoul Men's Academy
Final Day
TWENTY NINTH CHAPTER

"AND LET'S CONGRATULATE THE CHAMPION OF THE ROUND 3 DANCE COMPETITION," the emcee said excitingly and pointed at the drummer for the drum roll. "The champion are..."

"TAEYANG AND MINZY! Congratulations!" Everyone in the room roared and cheered for Taeyang and Minzy as they went to the stage, very happy, to accept the award with Kim Hyun Joong.

It's finally the third and final day of the music festival in SMA. And it's the final round of the Round 3 Dance competition.

Jiyeon, Kai and Taemin just clapped their hands off, full of bitterness. They are still bitter that they did not even won a single award, well, except for the consolation prize, besides that, there's nothing else. Although, Jiyeon was kinda happy that she finally got a picture with her idol, Hyunjoong, yesterday. And got her albums signed. And Hyunjoong also complimented their performance. He said that if they were more synchronized at the last part, they might have stand a chance.

Kai sighed, full of grief. Jiyeon patted Kai. She knows how Kai badly wants this, and she felt, somewhat, guilty that they lost the synchrony of their dance because of her.

"Well, this is frustrating," Taemin bluntly said, followed by a heavy sigh. Taemin and his partner also did not won a single award. So all three of them are in the same boat—all feeling gloomy.

"I think it's best if we go now," Jiyeon suggested.

"She's right," Taemin agreed. He and Jiyeon stood up. However, Jiyeon noticed Kai does not have any plan on standing up. He has this sad and furious look on his face.

"Kai," Jiyeon tried to call Kai's attention, but failed. She held our her hand to Kai. "C'mon, Kai. I know it's painful to watch, so, let's go now."

"We should've been on that stage right now, accepting those rewards," Kai said.

Jiyeon felt guilty again, and couldn't say a word. She just shrugged it off. And she knows that the top 5 who were qualified for the final round totally deserves it, all of them did great. "C'mon." Jiyeon reached out her hand to Kai and shook it—to catch Kai's attention.

Kai stared at Jiyeon's hand, and he smiled a little. He grabbed Jiyeon's hand, and intertwined it with his hand. Now, you can't trace a single grief sign on Kai's face—all you see was grin.

Jiyeon's guilty feeling fades into a happy one. Seeing Kai happy also made her happy.

Taemin felt a little left out while they were exiting the room. "You two should seriously date. I mean, look at you two."

Jiyeon and Kai looked at Taemin with a smile on their faces. The two looked at each other, and just laughed off what Taemin said. Taemin rolled his eyes from the two's cheesiness, and decided to leave the two behind.

Jiyeon liked the feeling that Kai's holding her hand, and playing it around.

Kai stopped walking, pulling Jiyeon behind. Jiyeon turn around to face Kai. Kai looked at their hands, stroking Jiyeon's hand with his thumb. "Everything feels better when you're around."

Jiyeon can't help it but to smile. If then, she find Kai's cheesy lines cheesy, now, she found those lines romantic. Her cheeks flared into scarlet, and she can feel the heat from her ears.

Kai arranged Jiyeon's hair to her ear, and made an eye contact with her. "Jiyeon, I lov—"

"THERE YOU, TWO, ARE!!!" Suddenly someone interrupted their lovely moment by patting Kai's back heavily. This made Kai grunt in frustration.