xviii. Date

CHAPTER 18: Date

After hours of serious practice, Kai and Jiyeon finally decided to call it a day since they were both tired and weary.

"Jiyeon-a, want to grab some food?" Kai asked Jiyeon while he was drying his sweaty hair.

Jiyeon, on the other hand, was tying up her shoes said, "Uhm..." she checked her wrist watch, "I'm kinda in a hurry. Sorry, maybe next time?"

"Sure, next time. Remember, okay?" Kai looked at Jiyeon with assurance, and JIyeon nod. "So, why are you in a hurry?"

Jiyeon grabbed her bag from the floor and said, "I'm going to a friend's house."

Jiyeon doesn't know why, but she just couldn't say that she's going to Baekhyun's place to meet his brother. Something's holding her back to say that.

"Do you want me to give you a ride?" Kai removed his shirt to change it.

"Uuhh..." Jiyeon was kinda startled, and had a late reaction to bend her head. "What has gotten into you? When did you became a gentlemen since?"

After changing his shirt, he smirked, "What are you talking about?" Kai went near by Jiyeon and wrapped his hand around Jiyeon's. "I've always been a gentleman."

"Look who's talking. But, thanks for the offer though. I can go by myself."

"You sure?"

"Don't be like that, I'm not used to it," Jiyeon frowned.

"Don't be like what?"

"A gentleman. Ugh. See you at class. Bye." Jiyeon smiled at him.

"Let me take you, at least, at the gates."

"Sure."

After they reached the gates, Kai bid his goodbyes to Jiyeon. "You sure you don—

"Yes, I'm sure, Kai. Thanks for the thought, though."

"Sure, take care."

"Bye."

Exactly, they saw a cab, Kai called it for Jiyeon.

"Bye, take care," Kai said.

"Sure, you too. Bye."

Kai waited for the cab until it is out of his sight. He bend down his head and smiled. "Crazy heart," he whispered to himself.

------------------------------------------

Baekhyun, who is waiting outside near his house, was checking his wrist watch every single time. "Aiishh... why is she so late?" Baekhyun took his phone from his pocket and called Jiyeon, however, he could not contact her due to the weak signal.

*thunder strikes*

------------------------------------------

*thunder strikes*

Thunder strikes in an area of Seoul which includes where Jiyeon is headed. And due to the sudden rain, it causes the roads of Seoul gone into a heavy traffic.

'Waaah. Why did it suddenly starts raining? Aissh,' Jiyeon thought. Jiyeon took her phone and tried to rereach Baekhyun but she could not due to the weak signal. She's waiting for half an hour and they haven't make it half a kilometer.

And she decided to text Baekhyun and said, 'Heavy traffic -_- Looks like I'm going to be late. Worse, I might not able to show up. I'm so sorry, especially to your brother. :(((((('

Jiyeon was praying that the text message would send, and thank God, it did. Immediately, Baekhyun had replied, 'Awww... that's sad to hear. I think you better get home, your safety is more important :3'