016: 6 Hours

Chapter 16 : 6 Hours

It's Friday, and it's back to school again for every students in South Korea. Yesterday (Thursday) was another national holiday for all people around Korea as they celebrate their hero's 99th death anniversary.

And it's biology time (again) and most of the students hates going back to the lab, especially now they have to dissect the poor (and disgusting) frog.

"Aww... Peter Pan, poor guy," Jiyeon said as she grabs their frog from the shelves and went next to Luhan.

"You're surprisingly early today, Luhan," Jiyeon elbowed Luhan and gave him a snide comment. And as expected from Luhan, Jiyeon got no response from him.

She just rolled her eyes and accidentally met Kai's gaze. And they actually stared at each other for 5 seconds. And this is the first time again they saw each other since Wednesday evening.

Mr. Do breaks the atmosphere for them when Do Min Joo hurriedly came into the front. "I'm sorry everyone for being late, I just talked to some of your teachers in different subjects and asked to lend their time for our experiment since examinations will be next week. And we're going to make the impossible, possible." Everyone murmured on what he meant. "I hope you stretched your necks and legs because for the next 6 hours, because we'll be dissecting the frogs." Everyone's jaws drops as they heard the teacher's announcement.

"6 hours?!" Jiyeon whispered to herself.

"And this project/experiment must be submitted on Monday. Just preserve the bones very well, present it properly and label the bones. If you didn't finish dissecting it today, then you should find a way finishing it before the deadline. Clear." He wears his glasses and surgical gloves, and commanded everyone, "Everyone, please wear your gloves and glasses. I won't demonstrate, instead, I'll dictate what you will do. Don't worry, I'll supervise you. So first, please place the frog from the formalin to the candlewax tray."

Jiyeon looked at Luhan and points at the frog using her lips, "You get it."

As a man, Luhan can't disobey the lady's order. "You don't have to say it," he coldly said. He pulled his sleeves up and bravely grabbed the frog from the cylinder. Just by touching the frog, Luhan wants to back out.

'You're a man'—that's the only motivation in his mind for him to grab the frog.

"Now, please use the scalpel to slice the frog's abdominal muscle. And peel the skin off."

While Luhan was following Mr. Do's instructions, he noticed Jiyeon was doing nothing. He turned his head enough to look at Jiyeon and slightly squints his eyes. "What will you do?"

"Don't worry we'll take turns."

And Kai happens to overheard Luhan's and Jiyeon's small conversation.

Kai leaned himself down the counter table to see Luhan's and Jiyeon's face. And he suggests, "Hey, Luhan, you want to switch partners? You know, D.O's a reliable partner."

"Waah, so you're telling me I'm not a reliable one?" Jiyeon crossed her arms and glared at Kai. And shifted her head to Luhan. And Jiyeon caught Luhan's raising an eyebrow, which has a negative meaning to Jiyeon. And completely remembering what just Luhan said earlier—"What will you do?"

Jiyeon's starts stuttering and said to Luhan, "You're not think about a switch, aren't you?"

Again, Jiyeon was ignored by Luhan. "Sorry bro, it's pretty risky. Do-seongsaeng nim might caught us."

"Fine," if Kai could pout, he would. He turned his back to them and went to D.O.

Exactly, Mr. Do was on their row inspecting their work. Immediately, Jiyeon stood up from her stool chair and helped Luhan by cleaning the frog's skin.