015: Partners

CHAPTER 15: Partners

It's Wednesday afternoon and Jiyeon is now her dancing clothes and she's on her way to the dance studio. She was reading her Korean textbook while walking at the hallways towards to the studio.

Suddenly, someone jumped in front of her.

"Bubble Tea?"  Kai said, handing her over the lychee flavored bubble tea.

"Thanks," Jiyeon grabbed the bubble tea as she sealed the book under her armpit.

"What were you reading?" Kai asked.

"Korean. For our upcoming exams."

"Well, I didn't know you're smart." Jiyeon felt insulted with Kai's comment.

"Well, sorry for disappointing you. I'm not." And she sipped the bubble tea all the way.

"Oh, mian. But anyway, why are you studying so early? Exam's next week."

"Exactly, it's next week. I want to have good grades," Jiyeon beamed. "It feels so nice having high grades. Especially when you beat someone you want to beat. And it's for college, I want to enter a prestigious university."

Kai was in silence. Until, "You already have decided your career?"

"Yeah. It's better when you decide early because when you're at the point you need choose your path. You're going to cram. And you don't want that, do you?"

"So what do you want?"

"Hmm... At first, I wanted to be an idol," Jiyeon chuckled for her ambitious dream, "But what I really want to do is to be a business woman, and follow my dad's steps."

"Waaa... You're really serious, aren't you?" Kai smirked for once again seeing Jiyeon's mature side.

"Aissh..." Jiyeon slapped Kai on his shoulders. And now, she's embarrassed that she opened up to Kai.

Kai just laughed and said, "That's fine, I even envy that you know your path. But I do really think you can plunge into being an idol. Hahaha." And once again, Kim Jong In recieved continuous slaps from Park Jiyeon.

They finally arrive at the dance studio. And they saw that everyone  was gathered at the front. They were reading a poster.

"What's that, Kai?"

Kai shrugged, "Molla ( i don't know)."

Kai grabbed Jiyeon's hand and they went into the crowded people until they finally reached the thing that everyone's making a fuss about.

" Round 3 dance competition on November. Prices are: 1st placer will get a chance to dance with Kim Hyun Joong at a Music Video plus cash prize. 2nd placer will win 500, 000 won. 3rd placer will win 100,000 won," Jiyeon dropped her mouth when she read the prizes. She was hyperventilating from the fact that Kim Hyun Joong is one of the prizes. She continue to read, "Requirements: 1 boy and 1 girl. Must prepare 2 sound tracks for round one and two that has the maximum length of two minutes and minimum length of 1 minute."

After she's done reading, she looked for Kai. "Kai." But he was not on her side. So she removed herself from the crowd to look for Kai. And she saw Kai was being surrounded by girls.

"Kai, let me be your partner, please."

"Not her, me."

"Kai, me!"

"No, pick me!"

"Choose me!"

'Aww... Every girl wants to be his partner :(' she thought. She gave up on Kai being her partner. She can't interfere with those girls, especially Hyoyeon. Jiyeon knows Hyoyeon's better than her. Especially Kahi, she's been always number one in Jiyeon's dance class back in SWA. But it seems like she joined forces with Hoya.