Mech Engineer: System V. System 2.18

Pleasing Start-Over Chapter 29: Arc 2 Part 18

**Final part of the second arc

Author:橘子

_____________________________________________________________

Qiao Chen had already anticipated the two to turn their attentions onto the Radiance RS. If he hadn't, then how would they have been able to enter the mech's cockpit so easily? He knew that Greene would never give up so easily. If had been the type to be resigned to his fate, then he would have stayed on that little planet he woke up on. The Radiance RS' program was connected to his communicator, so he would be notified as soon as it started up.

Qiao Chen and Auray descended from the mech and Qiao Chen turned to Greene to say, "This is evidence of you trying to tamper with my program. It contains your own unique style of code writing, and these are an exact match to the code you wrote when you had tampered with my programs while I worked at the fifth fleet. That's why I kept making mistakes, and that's why you were the only person who could have fixed them." as he held up the magnetic card.

"I didn't. Stop spouting your nonsense. I didn't tamper with your work at all. And there aren't any of my codes left there either." Greene defended. He had no idea what leftover code or evidence his system would leave behind, if there were any. Why would I need to explain anything about this so called evidence? What made it mine?

"Even if you don't admit it, it's fine. Every mech engineer will leave behind some sort of preference as to how they code. That is unique to how they incorporate the programming style. The same style should have been left in the programs you wrote before. As long as you compare them, any real engineer can see what's going on." Qiao Chen intentionally stressed the word real. Greene only knew some basic and superficial things about mech engineering. If he relied on his true ability, then he wouldn't even qualify as a mech engineer's assistant.

There were more and more people entering the hangar, including members of the negotiation team and intelligence team.

"The malicious destruction of the fleets' mech programming during mission time is a very grave matter. The charge is equivalent to betraying the nation. This case should be sent to the Capital's Supreme Court for review." Caesar said as he walked to Qiao Chen's side.

"That's impossible. Greene wouldn't do such a thing." Jared defended. He looked towards Greene in hopes that he would come up with evidence that would refute Qiaoyi's claims.

"You were the one who brought him to our nation, and you were the one who brought him into the fifth fleet. He was your confidant, you are his accomplice. Everything he did, whether it was to your knowledge or not, falls under your responsibility. Of course you don't want to believe that he would do such a thing. But with the evidence I have, everything will be left to the Capital Supreme Court to decide. It doesn't matter whether you believe it or not." Qiao Chen said.

"Jared, is this what you call good work? Bringing in such a person to come work in our fifth fleet? I'm afraid if that is so, then we won't be able to accommodate you here at the fifth fleet. When we return, you can apply elsewhere." Vegas shouted angrily. He was fuming. All of the accolades and the accomplishments the third fleet claimed should have belonged to the fifth fleet. However, because of this Greene character, they were held accountable for numerous mistakes and received several punishments.

Greene was in a state of panic. He dealt his hand, but how could it have played out like this? It shouldn't be like this. I traveled into a new world with this system. I should be the hero. I should be the protagonist in the lime-light.

"Ahh! It hurts!" Greene suddenly felt a sharp pain spread through his head. The system seemed to be breaking down. Green crumpled onto the ground with his head full of pain. He felt an intense feeling of panic set. No. This can't be. It can't happen like this. If he didn't even have the system, then he'd be in deep trouble. He couldn't do anything in this world without his system. Greene trembled in fear and pain.