The Modern Entertainment World 6.1

Pleasing Start-Over Chapter 68: Arc 6 Part 1

Author: 橘子

T/N: Arc 6 is completely edited. There will be no further edits unless there are any major mistakes brought to my attention.

There is a trigger warning, but it's not as bad the last arc. The author briefly touched on the subject and then continued with the story.

T/W for the entire arc: Attempted rape, drugs, suicide, romanticizes rape

__________________________________________________________________

Qiao Chen felt a very uncomfortable and nauseating feeling the moment he entered the world. His body felt burning hot, but he couldn't move very well. A cloudy feeling of drowsiness hit him hard. Qiao Chen had the system perform a check up on him. It told him that he wasn't ill, but that he had been drugged with and aphrodisiac. Qiao Chen forced his bleary eyes to open and saw what looked like a hotel room. His brain was still fuzzy, and he couldn't think properly at all. Qiao Chen had the system begin to force the drugs out of his body while simultaneously looking up this world's story.

Qiao Chen watched the images in his brain and immediately sat up. Then he looked at the bathroom's direction. The rapist would exit the bathroom in three minutes. Unfortunately for him, the system needed at least ten minutes to fully disperse the drugs from his body. Qiao Chen knew that he needed to quickly leave the room. If he didn't get out fast, then he'd probably end up like his last life and jump out the window again. He didn't want to do it, but he'd rather die than be raped.

Qiao Chen weakly propped his body up. The system had only forced out a small portion of the drugs, so he had to use the wall for support as he walked out. Qiao Chen quickly stumbled through the door. The moment he exited the room, Qiao Chen heard the sound of the bathroom door opening. He forced his body to speed up and tried to reach the elevator. Unfortunately, the drugs in his body made it feel like his legs had turned into jelly. Every step felt like his feet had sunk into the ground.

Qiao Chen finally reached the elevator door and mashed the button. The elevator doors finally opened, and Qiao Chen forced his heavy head up. He saw the person standing inside, and his face lit up. It looked like he had found his savior. Qiao Chen dove into the man's arms.

"Save me." Qiao Chen said with a pleading look.

Du Jingnan was stunned by Qiao Chen's sudden embrace. However, he quickly pressed the elevator buttons to close the doors the moment he saw Qiao Chen's red face and misty eyes. Du Jingnan would normally have sent the such a person to save space they named. However, Du Jingnan watched as Qiao Chen trustingly leaned into his arms and was bewitched. Du Jingnan decided not to ask and questions. He took Qiao Chen back to his home to care for him.

Qiao Chen was taken to the car. While he sat there, he had the system give him this life's information. He was also able to determine that Du Jingnan was his lover in this lifetime. Qiao Chen realized that he didn't have to waste energy in forcing the drugs out. Du Jingnan could personally help him do it instead, so he terminated the process.

Du Jingnan had seen his fair share of beautiful people in his life, but thought that Qiao Chen's face was exceedingly beautiful- the most attractive person he's seen in his life. He thought that he'd seen them all. In fact, he had even seen Qiao Chen's beautiful face before. Du Jingnan thought that the man was surprisingly gorgeous. However, wasn't enchanted like he was now. There was something missing from the man before that dulled his beauty. Du Jingnan remembered thinking that it was a pity how the man lacked the proper temperament and aura even though he was so attractive. It seemed as though something had changed. They reached Du Jingnan's house, and he walked Qiao Chen in.