The Prophecy 8.6

Pleasing Start-Over Chapter 97: Arc 8, Part 6

Author:橘子

T/N: This was a locked chapter, but there was really no spicy parts. I have a feeling that the chapter was locked due to the author's wording a drug. That's what happens when you only have key words bots use to take down things I guess. 

----

A few days later, the Queen sent someone to deliver the Silver Snake Grass poison and antidote. She also had that person relay that only he had both the poison and antidote, so he needed to use it carefully. Mandy had been hiding in the room to recuperate from having his face scalded. He barely stepped out the door. Farley had the doctor treat him with the best medicines possible. The doctor said that because the treatment was done relatively immediately, there shouldn't be any scarring on Mandy's face. He said that there might be some faint marks, but they'd disappear after a while.

Qiao Chen picked a time to visit Mandy in his room. He saw Mandy lying in bed with a white bandage on his face. In reality, Mandy didn't really need to wrap his face up like that, but he didn't want to let Farley see his face marred by the burns and medicines. Furthermore, he wanted Farley to feel even more distressed over him, so he insisted that the doctor wrap his face all up like this.

Mandy heard someone enter the room and though it was a servant who came to deliver some stuff. He opened his eyes to see Qiao Chen standing by his bed. He was stunned for a bit before he immediately sat up and glared at Qiao Chen, "What are you doing here?"

"I'm here to give you something." Qiao Chen said with a smile.

Mandy was disturbed by Jovin's weird smile, "What are you giving me?"

Qiao Chen took out a glass bottle with his long fingers and said, "This is the medicine that the Queen gifted to you. It's good for the injuries on your face. You won't even feel pain ever again."

"Why would you bring me medicine sent by Her Royal Majesty?" Mandy had a gut feeling that the medicine in Jovin's hand was too suspicious. "You take it and leave. I won't drink it!"

"This is the medicine that Her Royal Majesty has personally bequeath to you. It's not up to you on whether you will drink it or not." Qiao Chen opened the bottle by removing the lid. Then he grabbed Mandy's neck and attempted to force the medicine down his throat.

"Unhand me. I won't drink it! Let go of me right now!" Mandy desperately struggled.

Farley opened the door to witness this scene. He endured the pain radiating from his chest and rushed forward. He pushed Qiao Chen away and roared, "What are you doing?"

"Farley! Farley! He wants to kill me. He wants to feed me poison." Mandy cried and latched onto Farley.

"How dare you give Mandy poison. Who gave you the courage?" Farley glared at Qiao Chen and angrily asked.

"This isn't poison. This it medicine sent by the queen to heal his scars." Qiao Chen said calmly.

"Impossible. It's definitely not. He's lying!" Mandy cried.

Farley stood up and quickly snatched the medicine bottle in Qiao Chen's hand. Then he poured the rest of the medicine into Qiao Chen's mouth. "Since it's not poison, then you can finish the rest of it."

Qiao Chen pushed Farley's hand away after he swallowed the medicine. Then he ran to the door and yelled out while holding his stomach. Then he collapsed to the floor.

When a servant outside saw him, he immediately came to help Qiao Chen. Qiao Chen weakly gasped, "D-doctor...call the doctor..."

Then Qiao Chen fainted. The servants carried Qiao Chen back to his room. The butler immediately called the doctor to give him medical aide. Unfortunately, it was too late. The butler quickly told the servants to go to Jovin's room and find the antidote. The servant rushed in to find that all the antidotes were destroyed by Qiao Chen.