Interstellar Musicians: Competing with a Musical Genius 3.6

Pleasing Start-Over Chapter 35: Arc 3 Part 6

Author:橘子

_____________________________________________________________

"You seem to have a deep understanding of war and of the glory of being a soldier as well. " Duke Kirsty had wondered why Qiaoxi, as a gher, was able to play songs related to war and military so perfectly. It looked like Ferney had said that he had family in the military, so it seemed as though he heard the reason.

Qiao Chen said, "My grandfather and two uncles were all soldiers. I grew up listening to my grandfather's songs about the battlefield. I often heard my uncles talk about being on the battlefield too. I lived on the small planet Kulatanni for ten years, and Kulatanni wasn't a peaceful country. There was a lot of unrest there."

"So that's it." Duke Kirsty nodded and asked, "Which regiment is your uncle in?"

"My grandfather and uncles have been dead for over ten years..." After a second of silence, Qiao Chen continued, "There were from the 2nd Legion..."

There was no '2nd Legion' in Katao. This was due to a big incident a decade ago. It was only later on that the 1st Legion's Duke Kirsty took over most of the soldiers from the 2nd Legion. Among the officers present, there were some people from the former 2nd Legion. When Qiao Chen mentioned the 2nd Legions, they all looked at him, surprised.

"The 2nd Legion?" Because Qiao Chen mentioned them, Duke Kirsty suddenly remembered his dead friend. He was surprised to find that Qiaoxi looked somewhat similar to his friend's two sons. He also said that his grandfather and two uncles died ten years ago. He couldn't have just said...

"Speaking of which, Duke Kirsty carried me when I was a little boy." Qiao Chen said.

"Are you Qiaoxi Correa?" Duke Kirsty asked. He remembered that his friend had a very beloved grandson. He often carried his grandson in his arms to show off, but after ten years ago, his old friend's daughter and grandson disappeared from the country.

"No, I'm Qiaoxi Goldmand now. I changed my identity and surname after my mother's divorced ten years ago." In the entire country, the surname Goldmand had disappeared along with the 2nd Legion. People who used to have the same surname changed it to Gould or Gold. In fact, Qiao Chen's mother tried to be more inconspicuous after changing their names, so her and Qiaoxi's ID cards only had their first names on it.

Everyone was stunned. The surname Goldmand was like a taboo and people avoided mentioning the name. Ferney was also surprised to see Qiao Chen admit his grandfather's identity so openly.

Even Augea was stunned for a moment. Since he met Qiaoxi, he had never even thought of investigating Qiaoxi's identity. He never knew why, but he just had the gut feeling that Qiaoxi would never hurt him, so his identity didn't matter. Later on, he fell in love with Qiaoxi. So then he felt that it didn't matter what kind of person or identity Qiaoxi was or had. Afterwards, he decided that he'd wait for Qiaoxi to tell him whenever he wanted to tell him. However, Augea never thought that Qiaoxi would be the grandson of General Goldmand- or more importantly, he was the grandson of the man that his father sentenced to death.

The old emperor, who was still alive at the time, was muddleheaded and listened to the wicked people ulterior motives in his old age. There were several ufalse charges indicted on General Kirsty of the 1st Legion and General Goldmand of the 2nd Legion so the old emperor could take back military power.

At that time, Duke Kirsty had escaped because he was overseeing an important battle at the border and couldn't return to the capital. However, Duke Goldmand fell victim to the old emperor's muddle-headedness during his later years.